Does it slowdown performance?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:22 pm

Completed the game ;D!!!

By the way i found a bug, its on every level i think.

If you move the mouse really fast, the collision does not count on the red boundaries.

If thats using layers then it seems to work fine.

Its more convenient to use layout though, And as you dont have too many levels just yet i suggest transferring what you do have into layouts. Just in case you encounter any problems later on.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:33 pm

Yeah, and it's not that hard to transfer.

And yes, this is some kind of bug.But it just works when playing with iPhone. Because on iPhone it runs slower, and if you move your finger fast, the ball will move to the finger position(jumping everything).
My PC is faster and then it checks the ball position better.

Your PC is slow or your mouse is really fast.Dont know how you did it.

The only way to prevent this, is setting invisible "checkpoints" along the path.But For now I'm focused on ending the 10th level and rearraging this to layouts.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Yeah im on my Crappy PC right now.

I'll play it on my laptop later(i5, 4GB of ram) so its pretty decent.

I do all my art on this piece of crap, Its easier to operate than the laptop(Don't Have a graphics tablet)

I'll also give it a go on my IPhone if you want :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:44 pm

If you go iPhone, tell me how is the speed...
I've updated to iOS 5.0.1
It speeded up a little bit,but is way slower than PC.
The trail effect gets messed up.

EDIT: Even using copy & paste, it's not that easy to make it work. Don't know why, but the trail isn't working on the new layout. Must be some event problem.
I'm thinking of letting the game with those multiple layers and only this layout. Transferring is causing many things to not work =/SplashHunt2012-01-07 20:21:02
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:15 pm

What else is not working?

How are you making the trail?

ect explain in detail, Upload your capx, or print screen the code. It makes it easier to help you.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Nevermind it.
Im doing with layers.

Is the 'bounce off' of the bullet behavior act like this, placed 2 regions, and the bullet is between those. It's bouncing like a ping pong, but it's not straight. After some bounces the bullet angle is incrementing.. weird or just the Bounce Off actual behavior?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:25 pm

Its bouncing of a object that's not at a exact 90 degree angle, Or the bounding box of the object is not straight.

You can try fix the angle, or collision box.

Or you can add two waypoints, On on the left, one on the right.

System on start of layout:
     -> Object.setAngleOfMotion(Waypoint1)

Object.OnCollisionWith(Waypoint1)
     -> Object.setAngleOfMotion(Waypoint2)
Object.OnCollisionWith(Waypoint2)
     -> Object.setAngleOfMotion(Waypoint1)

If you cannot figure it out with bouncing, then that solution should be a quick fix.

If its for your spinny saws kinda things. I recommend the sine behavior.

- It looks allot nicer, as it smooths the stop and accelerates to the next position.
     - its controllable, Speed, distance to make the wave ect.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:05 pm

I Will try this later.. I'm like 24 hours on this haha.

But I'm afraid that I won't like this Sine Movement. I want a constant speed,just like the bullet.

I gonna test my game and rest a little haha
http://goo.gl/Rq13L
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:56 am

@SplashHunt
About the "OMG I bought c2 for nothing" I don't think you wasted your money unless game creation was just a temporary interest. Well... I'm biaised 'cause I use C2 all the time, but well at least you bought it for 32$... It will go up soon
Also yeah next time you do something crazy like mass layer or something like that. Go check the manual/tuts and if you find nothing, ask... 'cause you know, in programming being lazy is a quality.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:35 am

Invisible objects have a very small performance impact. Usually it's ignorable and you won't see any difference in FPS if you destroy invisible objects or not. However if you have *loads* of invisible objects - 99 complete levels worth of objects is loads! - this could cause a severe slowdown. It might be what's causing Firefox to choke. I would highly recommend you break everything out in to layouts, that's what they're for.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?