Does node-webkit not support transparent backgrounds?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:13 am

cesisco wrote:Hi i'm working in a application that requires that the user save images to the the disk, and i found that node webkit can't render the main window background transparency(the last layer set to transparent)...It's difficult to say without seeing your capx, but it could be this problem.
This is a huge drawback, if we need to make applications that requires to edit and save images with alpha channel.

Hmm, this would explain why I can't get rid of the black. There shouldn't even be anything there. When the screenshot is taken, the majority of layers are hidden, and even if they weren't, what I'm seeing is not what the color of the layer is.

There are no sprites in the black area either. That area is just blank. So, nothing should be showing up during the screencapture process just like it does in Chrome.

I can't post the capx because it's nearing 2,000 events, but if you'd like to investigate this further, I would be willing to share more.

I'm going to redesign my HUD for now until because I just don't see any other option at the moment. I have no more choices for my export other than node-webkit, so I'll make something that works for that. I'll keep my old HUD in a separate file in case this gets sorted.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:48 am

Here, I revised the HUD to cover the black area using the wooden texture that I made for my icon backgrounds. I think it looks fine, and it gave me a bit more room to work with so I was able to enlarge my backpack icon as well.

I'd still like to hear if anyone has a fix or not just in case I ever need it, but I'm satisfied with this solution for now.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:10 pm

@Krinikajason Can you be more specific? There's lots going on with this mini-map, so it's hard to explain.

I'm using several different layers and stacked sprites. The screenshot of the event sheet on the last page shows how I get the actual image.

Now, the code to get the icons and camera position by clicking on the map are separate events entirely, and I have not posted them.

Creating this mini-map was a very complex process, but if you can be specific with your questions, I can try to help.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?