Does Physics prevent scaling?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:54 pm

Hi.

Ran into this problem today:

I have an objects with the physics behaviour. I would like to change it's width and height (or scale) to simulate a bit of Z-axis movement.

The problem is that when I change the dimensions of an object during a physics movement, the movement stops for a moment. And if I do that every tick, then no physics movement takes place at all.

Any solutions to scale&move simulatneously?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:54 pm

Can you increase the time from every tick to maybe 10 times a second for the scale (which might give construct time to recalculate the physics assuming this is the case)

If the scale is only to simulate z movement then maybe you could add physics to a sprite and overlay that with a second scalable sprite

physics pin

obviously the physics will only effect the physics object and the overlay will only react to what the physics object does...RamPackWobble2013-12-27 14:55:59
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:15 pm

Just a guess: After setting the width and height, try copying over the speed of the object.
B
S

Return to How do I....?