Does scirra.com affected by Cloudbleed?

If you have found a bug, or have a suggestion/comment then leave it here

Post » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:22 pm

Recently news appeared that Cloudflare had a bug that let user data be compromised between 2016.09.22. and 2017.02.18. Since Scirra recently started using Cloudflare, the scirra.com domain is in the list of the possibly affected sites. I might be paranoid, but I think users should change their passwords. Also, it's worth to take a look at the full list (for ex. HumbleBundle and Discord were affected too).

The full list of possibly affected domains can be found here:
https://github.com/pirate/sites-using-cloudflare

If you are also thinking of using a password safe, I'd recommend KeePass:
http://keepass.info/
B
135
S
33
G
17
Posts: 1,559
Reputation: 20,732

Post » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:08 pm

Just a theory but as I know the Scirra website, once you log in to another device, you get logged out from another device.
If my theory is correct, we might be getting logged out frequently because our accounts are being infiltrated.

Or Scirra is having website issues with cookies.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
65
S
21
G
90
Posts: 1,124
Reputation: 59,862

Post » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:51 pm

chadorireborn wrote:Just a theory but as I know the Scirra website, once you log in to another device, you get logged out from another device.
If my theory is correct, we might be getting logged out frequently because our accounts are being infiltrated.

Or Scirra is having website issues with cookies.

It's due to some caching errors according to @Tom . I don't think that all of our accounts are being infiltrated that often. Nevertheless, it's an annoying bug. When I want to read a new blog post, I know that I'll have to log in again.
B
135
S
33
G
17
Posts: 1,559
Reputation: 20,732

Post » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:32 pm

I asked Tom about this in the office and he said it didn't affect us, but guess he should confirm... @Tom
Scirra Founder
B
399
S
236
G
89
Posts: 24,530
Reputation: 195,402

Post » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:34 am

glerikud wrote:Recently news appeared that Cloudflare had a bug that let user data be compromised between 2016.09.22. and 2017.02.18. Since Scirra recently started using Cloudflare, the scirra.com domain is in the list of the possibly affected sites. I might be paranoid, but I think users should change their passwords. Also, it's worth to take a look at the full list (for ex. HumbleBundle and Discord were affected too).

The full list of possibly affected domains can be found here:
https://github.com/pirate/sites-using-cloudflare

If you are also thinking of using a password safe, I'd recommend KeePass:
http://keepass.info/



Thanks- I just changed my password.

I guess we will know if Credit Card numbers start being used and our arcade games start showing up in other places.

I hate the cloud and it is a gold mine for hackers and no matter how secure they say it is it gets hacked all the time.
Banned User
B
28
S
7
G
58
Posts: 1,229
Reputation: 34,825

Post » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:56 am

Ashley wrote:I asked Tom about this in the office and he said it didn't affect us, but guess he should confirm... @Tom

Thank you for clearing this.
B
135
S
33
G
17
Posts: 1,559
Reputation: 20,732

Post » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:27 am

BTW, I don't see Scirra in that list of possibly affected domains.
Scirra Founder
B
399
S
236
G
89
Posts: 24,530
Reputation: 195,402

Post » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:19 pm

Ashley wrote:BTW, I don't see Scirra in that list of possibly affected domains.

I downloaded the full list (a .txt file around 70MB) and did a search for it. Notepad++ found it in the list.
B
135
S
33
G
17
Posts: 1,559
Reputation: 20,732

Post » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:30 pm

Just a little feedback: I'm not getting logged out all the time since I changed my password.

Edit: Nope, just happened right after I posted this. :D
B
135
S
33
G
17
Posts: 1,559
Reputation: 20,732

Post » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:46 pm

glerikud wrote:Just a little feedback: I'm not getting logged out all the time since I changed my password.

Edit: Nope, just happened right after I posted this. :D


Website has been down off and on all day today!
Banned User
B
28
S
7
G
58
Posts: 1,229
Reputation: 34,825


Return to Website Issues and Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests