Does stiffness work?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • What does the stiffness (physics) parameter do? I changed the number from 90 to 0 to 100000000 but nothing changes. Is something happening that I cant see, or is that feature broken?

• Stiffness was something the newton physics engine required for hinges, but the box2d physics doesn't need it. I should have removed the parameter...but then I was thinking it might be fun to allow a param for the breaking force of the hinge, so if a table hinged together is thrown it would snap...or a rag doll's bones could snap, etc

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Stiffness was something the newton physics engine required for hinges, but the box2d physics doesn't need it. I should have removed the parameter...but then I was thinking it might be fun to allow a param for the breaking force of the hinge, so if a table hinged together is thrown it would snap...or a rag doll's bones could snap, etc

• I figured it was an angular constraint or something like that.

Although breaking force would be cool, it would be even more cool if you could delete hinges. Its quite the process to do that right now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)