DokiDoggy - Endless running Corgi!

1 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for an endless runner game, fully documented in comments and video
  • DOKIDOGGY

Prance around the world with a kawaii Corgi who makes your heart go doki doki.

Genre: 2D Endless Runner, Pixel, Cute

Target Audience: People of all ages, Dog lovers

Platform: Mobile

Hello! This is our first time creating a mobile game. We decided to put together a couple of things that we love personally and see what we could make out of it. Our goal is to create a game that is simple and absolutely adorable.

It’s a work in progress and some of the graphics/special effects are placeholders for now. We would appreciate your feedback on how we could improve the gameplay and add more cuteness to it.

[ABOUT]

• Dress up your corgi to travel to different cities around the world.
    • Rack up your score by jumping over the obstacles (cone, thrash can, cabbage).
    • Collect coins to unlock new outfits/destinations.
    • Grab the foods for either a special boost or coin multiplier.

[INTUITIVE CONTROL]

• Tap/click to jump.

[SCREENSHOTS]

Outfit selection window. Buttons to be updated.

Yamanashi - Samurai outfit and Mt Fuji backdrop.

New York - Hotdog outfit and NYC backdrop.

London - Gentleman outfit and backdrop.

[NOTE FOR DEMO VERSION]

• The Cheese is a placeholder for the flying boost. We will change the graphics and effects soon!
    • There will be different foods for different cities.
    • No coin multiplier yet.
    • Prices of outfits are lowered for playtesting.
    • Tap on FREE COINS for 250 coins.
    • Only PLAY and HOME buttons are working.
    • Will be updating constantly (eg. reworks, UI, more destinations!)

[OTHER IDEAS]

1. Daily missions that give extra coins.

2. Share/review/watch ad for extra coins.

3. Small animations in the backgrounds. (eg. birds flying, planes, hot air balloon)

4. Death sprite animation.

5. Outfit preview before purchasing.

6. Extra function: Able to take selfie with Corgi overlays/stickers (hahahaha)

Click here to try our game!

We hope you find joy in this little Corgi dressing up and jumping through the cities. Please let us know your thoughts and suggestions!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Very charming graphics

When I pick up the booster ability can it also destroy cones? Might also work to blink the ability when its about to run out.

I also like how the character changes outfit depending on the levels

• Thank you Risto

About the bonus, yeah I guess it's a good idea .

We're thinking about slowing down at the end of the bonus but we don't want to make it too easy. We like this idea of taking a bonus but with the risk of crashing into something at the end. A bit like in Mario Kart Double Dash when you use the chomp chomp and it releases you in a curve and end up in the grass.

We hope to make a looot of backgrounds and contents once we have a solid gameplay

• We like this idea of taking a bonus but with the risk of crashing into something at the end. A bit like in Mario Kart Double Dash when you use the chomp chomp and it releases you in a curve and end up in the grass.

Interesting idea, I like it. As long as it feels fair to the players.

I actually played a lot of Mario Kart Double Dash, in mario kart 8 they changed it to a kind of piraya plant which gives the player boosts like every other second which requires timing to slide correctly. Its a little more challenging to use while you have the power up, but don't have the same potential of backfire at the end. I try to think of other games with power ups with potential backfiring, but can't come up with any... Maybe pac-man, when it ends right in front of a ghost, but I'm not sure how often that happens in games. Interesting idea

We hope to make a looot of backgrounds and contents once we have a solid gameplay

Thats good, gameplay first

I like that the game have a "macro loop" with coins and unlocking levels, this early. Most of the prototypes of mobile game I have made don't have the big loop, which I have started to think is kind of necessary.

• NEW UPDATE! 26/02/2017

Change Log :

• New difficulty. It's a progressive difficulty that increase every 50m to introduce new obstacles
    • New obstacles : Bouncing cabbage, flying bird, and sewer drain that emits steam and push you up.
    • If you tap/click when you are already in the air, the corgi will fall faster. We hope this will give more control to the player.
    • New bonus boost effect with a fade out. Now the boost will slow down before it ends.
    • Airport background.
    • Setting window.
    • Ready Go sprite at the beginning of a run.

Some feedback that the game was either too easy or too hard. To adapt to the public, we decided to start off easy and increase the difficulty for every 50m (until 350m at the moment). The difficulty curve is very rough and will be improved in the future.

We are also introducing new kind of obstacles that will force the player to stay on the ground such as flying bird and bouncing cabbage. We had to add a new gameplay feature to go along with them which is the "quick drop". If you tap/click while the Corgi is in mid-air, it will fall faster to dodge the obstacles.

Lastly, we reworked the Flying Boost. There's a new effect on the Corgi and the background. We are still not sure about it so let us know your opinions!

We hope you will enjoy the game and do not hesitate to share your thoughts with us!

Click here to try our game!

risto

Thank you for your comment!

We tried to find a good in-between for the Bonus. In this new version, there will be a slow down to signal the end of the power-up as you suggested. It will not signal too early to keep the idea of unpredictability.

Let us know your thoughts about this new version! We will probably add other types of bonus in future.

• We tried to find a good in-between for the Bonus. In this new version, there will be a slow down to signal the end of the power-up as you suggested. It will not signal too early to keep the idea of unpredictability.

The color fade of the power up makes it very clear the background wasn't there before, right? anyway looks pretty cool!

The slowdown at the end works, but might be a little overkill, I'm not really sure. But would be cool if it speeds up when you take the power up and then slow down just in the end.

I also like the bouncy enemies, didn't experience a lot of the birds.

I generally like fast falling, but it feels a little contra intuative on touch. It might be a idea to just fall faster when you release the touch, maybe?

Good luck!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)