Dolphin - Newest HTML5 Browser on Android

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • You guys may try C2 games using this browser and let's see the results...

http://dolphin-browser.com/2012/06/dolphin-browser-is-the-fastest-html5-mobile-browser-try-out-our-dolphin-engine-in-beta/

• Joannesalfa

If i translate correctly the news ...

GOOGLE CHROME FOR IOS WILL BE ON APP STORE ... TODAY !

Yes, seems in some hours everyone can use Google Chrome on ios devices.

So dolphin was a good product now ... the last version for iphone has no more gesture bugs so it became a free big/good browser on ios. But the giant Chrome comes ! ... it's really good to have now 2 major browser on ios device ! ... need to test it ASAP !

• (source "html5test" , http://html5test.com)

On ios 5.1.1 with a Iphone 4 :

The actual dolphin version score

"339" (and 9 bonus points)

So i think it was still using the safari "core" to work because safari have exactly the same score !

The new "dolphin beta engine" is a apk for Android so it will be cool to have this same engine for ios !!! ... but now i wait for "Chrome on ios" to do further tests !

• Joannesalfa

If i translate correctly the news ...

GOOGLE CHROME FOR IOS WILL BE ON APP STORE ... TODAY !

Yes, seems in some hours everyone can use Google Chrome on ios devices.

So dolphin was a good product now ... the last version for iphone has no more gesture bugs so it became a free big/good browser on ios. But the giant Chrome comes ! ... it's really good to have now 2 major browser on ios device ! ... need to test it ASAP !

Funny, you know most iOS devices don't have access to make browser better, they are similiar to Safari, but different UI design.

I tested it on my game... same FPS as Safari

• (source "html5test" , http://html5test.com)

On ios 5.1.1 with a Iphone 4 :

The actual dolphin version score

"339" (and 9 bonus points)

So i think it was still using the safari "core" to work because safari have exactly the same score !

I will try to get the new "dolphin beta engine" and also the "Chrome on ios" to do further tests !

Don't try to confuse yourself, Android and iOS aren't same, besides Android was slower than iOS but better support to make custom internet browser.

iOS doesn't allow you to make a custom browser if you're a iOS developer, just use safari core with different UI.

• You can see the comparison of browser using canvas rendering on Android

• Safari and Chrome on iOS are certainly same score as 324 according to html5test.com

• Well it's probably true ... i can verify that in few hours ;-p ... but a chrome without the chrome engine is just a "chrome theme on ios" for me ... not really interesting ...

Sorry for my datas... the real ios 5.1.1 score on a Iphone 4 is

"324"(and 9 bonus points) as Joannesalfa say ...

Thanks Joannesalfa !

• I will create a new post now ... new dolphin engine for android and new chrome "ui" for IOS it's not at all the same subject ...

• chrome is always the best !!! so even the numbers are wrong hehehe

<-- fan of chrome ^^

• chrome is always the best !!! so even the numbers are wrong hehehe

<-- fan of chrome ^^

It is, but not on iOS

• Downloaded Dolphin HD + Phonegap addon.

Stunning rendering performance (30-40 FPS) but tragic lags on touch input.

• Ok Knifegrinder but is dolphin hd really using this new dolphin beta engine ? -> html5test.com score please ;-p

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Whooops... downloaded the beta some minutes ago... and... ... my app hangs with a black screen.

• I tried the Dolphin Engine on our performance test and it only scored 12. I sent them an email to see if they could improve it.

Chrome for iOS is an interesting one - it scores around 31-33 on our iPad 2, which is better than PhoneGap, but worse than Safari. Chrome for iOS has a slower javascript engine like PhoneGap, but I think it has hardware acceleration, which explains the result. It was perfectly playable so it seems promising.

Meanwhile Chrome for Android has disabled GPU acceleration on my HTC Sensation. Argh! So Chrome is now faster on iOS than on Android!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)