Don't reset!

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
  • is there a way to make somthing doesn't reset when i click restart button?

for example i have a buttone if i clicked on it (it go to the same layer)

so i want something if i collect then i clicked and finished the level..then i restart the level again it will be gone for ever... even if i restart with button or played the level again .. is there a way??? if need capx ill put it but i don't think it needed.

in simple way (destory the object for ever with player collision with it).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't quite understand you what are you collecting... do you mean to keep score or coins while you reset game?

I think you could to switch Global option No to Yes in Object Type Properties. Also you need to make a global variable in events.

I'm not sure it will work.

• hmmm i real thing i want is that i have object (door) if my play collision with it the add a global by (1)... so i want this object destory for ever with i collision with it.

by the way ill try your way when i wake up its too late now here ^^ thanks for help!

• If you want this game fixed, you can post your .capx here and we will see we can fix.

Your welcome.

• ok here we go but see what i want :

when player collision with (win object) it will hide the win object even if i click on the reset button ..

here capx :http://dl.dropbox.com/u/67034121/platform.capx

thanks for your help , i tried true ,false but somthing wrong in it.. i don't know why.

• Capx

The idea is that at the start of each layout, you check certain values (here I used a global array "Levels" that stores the "state" of the door (0 closed, 1 opened)) and you apply it to the level.

If at start of layout, the value for the door in the level is "opened" than you hide the door, don't make it solid.

If it is closed, you display the door and make it solid.

I hope it answers your question.

• Im not sure what you say, i made to hide win object after of reset, is that you want?

here is almost fixed capx

Fixed .Capx

• 1)what does this mean?

int(LayoutName)?

is it all layouts or what???

2)also why you put width 10 in array?? i didn't understood array before that why i asking.. and why u kept hight, depth to 1

• Oh, you're a ninja poster Kyatric XD

• Joannesalfa i liked Kyatric and this what i meant before !! and thanks for trying^^

• 1_ As you have named layouts as (1,2,3,...) I use the name of the layout to know in which level I am.

The int() is a system expression that turns a string into a number, as the X coordinate expected in an array is a number.

2_ Check the how do I FAQ in the "Arrays" section, I did a capx a while ago that pretty much explains everything, and check also the manual entry about arrays.

10 is a default value, in the end, the width (X) of your array will have to be your total number of levels.

• 1_ As you have named layouts as (1,2,3,...) I use the name of the layout to know in which level I am.

The int() is a system expression that turns a string into a number, as the X coordinate expected in an array is a number.

2_ Check the how do I FAQ in the "Arrays" section, I did a capx a while ago that pretty much explains everything, and check also the manual entry about arrays.

10 is a default value, in the end, the width (X) of your array will have to be your total number of levels.

really good works thanks man, but i need to know one more thing

if my layouts name liked this : Layout (1-10) for example Layout 1

will this int(LayoutName) change or it will be the same??

thanks for the array helps ^^ till now i didn't understand them but im going to focus on them later :) ill see your .capx.

*by the way i have read array manual seems they are hard to understand...

thanks again

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)