It wasn't until much later, when I was 16 back in 2002, that I decided to program my own DK engine from scratch using Visual Basic 6. So no assistance from game-making engines like MMF2 or Construct etc but just purely coded from scratch. Some 1000 sprite frames, 5000 lines of code, and a month later, things got really messy and unmanageable and I realised that I had stepped into something I couldn't practically complete. The result, although glitchy and a way off the gameplay mechanics of the original, was still pretty impressive to me at the time.
Anyway, many years later I started playing all the DKC series again on SNES and got my hands on those childhood books again. Stumbled upon this site and decided to give the whole make-your-own-DKC-clone another go, this time I feel lazy so instead of programming it from the ground up, I'm using Construct Classic. What I want is to finally realise my childhood vision.
Thanks for reading/watching! Please share your thoughts...!