3 text objects

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/puzzle-ga ... ooked-5398

Again, feedback is appreciated.

Justin
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:32 am

I really like the concept. Might want to fine-tune the spikes as they are pretty much random. Would rather have it increase in difficulty over time. I really love when people create something that is really good concept-wise with so few events. +1

(and yes, I know the origin of the concept)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:28 pm

Its good but there is a lot you can add to the game like a music & sounds, highscore board, different background images, some animation to the fishes so it looks like they really swimming.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:56 pm

TheNormalGeek wrote:I really like the concept. Might want to fine-tune the spikes as they are pretty much random. Would rather have it increase in difficulty over time. I really love when people create something that is really good concept-wise with so few events. +1

(and yes, I know the origin of the concept)

Hi TheNormalGeek,

Thanks for the input. Very much appreciated. I'm still working on your suggestion about the difficulty over time. I'm getting there though :) Added some soundFX, music and the Scirra Arcade Leaderboard just for the fun of it.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:19 pm

Hey,

I've tested your game. Nice game. I just noticed that the spikes almost always appaer on the upper half of the field.
Maybe it's me ofcourse. :)

Greetz
B

Post » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:29 pm

R00ler wrote:Hey,

I've tested your game. Nice game. I just noticed that the spikes almost always appaer on the upper half of the field.
Maybe it's me ofcourse. :)

Greetz

Hey,

I used two For Loops for the spikes. Checking each iteration if a spike should be made and the max number of spikes has not been reached. I'm thinking of a better way to make the spikes with the least amount of code. Suggestions? :D
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:17 pm

Hey R00ler and TheNormalGeek,

First of all I got rid of the For Next Loops. Replaced them with just a couple of instance variables and a few more events.
Kept the whole thing under 50 events. 49 to be exact. As time passes the number of spikes increases and are better randomly spread.

Thanks for all your suggestions, it was fun making this clone.

Justin
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:00 pm

Justin1967 wrote:Hey R00ler and TheNormalGeek,

First of all I got rid of the For Next Loops. Replaced them with just a couple of instance variables and a few more events.
Kept the whole thing under 50 events. 49 to be exact. As time passes the number of spikes increases and are better randomly spread.

Thanks for all your suggestions, it was fun making this clone.

Justin

Might want to add a mute button just in case / volume slider. ;)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:28 pm

Good one! I'll work on that tonight.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:35 pm

I liked the way you did the game: choose a character and those candy items that appear.

Very good.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Completed Creations