dopcram moon

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
  • Have the story but i don�t want explore this now, first i want to prepare the gameplay well composed but i�m a novice in this program and i don�t know how to fix some bugs in the gameplay, but i will put some videos on youtube to explain precisely what i need.And i need some people interested in this project. Send me a pm or add me on msn (but please first send a mail messenge)kanoeyesr@hotmail.com .thanks for everyone.

the game is one action-rpg in 2d-for more infomation contact me.thanks

(any help is welcome)

• You might get more people interested if you upload any of the story, screenshots, plans, level design, concept art, sound effects, music etc. to show you're serious.

• lol from what I can tell this looks like your first post as well. Its kind of strange to appear from no where, tell people u want to form a team for a game that you're thinking about making, but not tell anyone anything about it. Its kind of like walking out on the street, holding up a large box with a question mark on it and say 'pay me $20 and i'll give you whats in the mistery box!'

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • May I ask.. what the hell is dopcram moon?

• Do you have any screen shots or anything that we could see or even a tech demo?

• yes is my first post and is my first game too.The history is:

Before us, before the animals and even before the everything we can imagine, the world was of the gods, war was waged on behalf of that control what. God of the moon, birds, lava, ice, trees and stone were those who waged wars with its legions of monsters in a world that was huge for so few beings, but only one fought only to defend themself and be at peace in a world for him it was perfect.

He is the god of moon and his name was dopcram, he loved to see the stars collide in the sky and its fragments will stop in his hand.one day he decided he wanted to be a star, but one that was different from other, that transfer power to the other creatures and held up the dream of them when them look at him. He knew why the other gods fought among themselves, they fought to get the power of each other. At the end to build the world in their image. Then he started on a journey to destroy all the gods and keep their power, to the end to build a world with the wars like he had in their world but that only those who believed in him win that wars.

This game is just an introduction to a history far more complex that could come in a sequel.

I first wanted to make the battle system so that had no any bug and after that then do scenarios, fields and the story.

• Post some screenshots, sprite art, demo engine... anything at all really, to show that you've put some work into this. A story on it's own will never convince anyone to work with you. Everyone has stories, everyone has game ideas.

Nobody will help you unless you're willing to prove that you will put in the work.

• You might also want to try something a bit less involved. RPGs may seem easy to make in terms of the battle system and stuff. But remember the inventory, the towns, all the sprites for NPCs so they dont get repetitive, and all the dialog that goes with each NPC... RPGs are not the best type of game to make as your first game...

and with out showing some interest in you own project by having a tech demo / sprites its just saying to people I have an Idea now make the game for me.

• If you're having trouble then it's a good idea to ask for help in the Help section. Be as descriptive as you can, and if possible post your .cap.

• Why not start out with the ghost shooter tutorial and Deadeye's Platform school.

http://www.scirra.com/tutorials/ghostshooter/tutorial.zip - Ghost Shooter

http://www.scirra.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2154 - Platform School

• Try the Ghost Shooter tutorial (the download version) instead. It covers hot spots, which will fix your bug.

• Um, have you finished any project with construct or what.. Because you know, though the idea is fun, group project is actually tons harder than one man project. Without proper management, the conflicts that you will encounter would really be demotivating and will slow down the process.. Things like how you commuinicate(time zones), unity in one idea, consistency and making sure everyone does his job etc.. and most importantly, motivation, and by the way you introduce us your project hiring people, no one will be motivated to work with it..

And also, to be frank, the background of the story smells of generic cliche rpg, not bad butnot really that awesome.

All i'm trying to say is, work for your project as a one man job. Look for help in the forums or request sprites, or resources, code snippets,etc.. and put due credit. It's like wroking on it with several people but you save yourself the trouble of managing a 'team' who is supposed to be dedicated to the project .

• Um, have you finished any project with construct or what.. Because you know, though the idea is fun, group project is actually tons harder than one man project. Without proper management, the conflicts that you will encounter would really be demotivating and will slow down the process.. Things like how you commuinicate(time zones), unity in one idea, consistency and making sure everyone does his job etc.. and most importantly, motivation, and by the way you introduce us your project hiring people, no one will be motivated to work with it..

And also, to be frank, the background of the story smells of generic cliche rpg, not bad butnot really that awesome.

All i'm trying to say is, work for your project as a one man job. Look for help in the forums or request sprites, or resources, code snippets,etc.. and put due credit. It's like wroking on it with several people but you save yourself the trouble of managing a 'team' who is supposed to be dedicated to the project .

I believe in this project and of course I have to learn the basics,and I will learn, but I thought that someone could help me get there much faster, but ok I 'm steel doing things by my way and I will submit what I'm doing and slowly I will convinced you and the others I'm taking this seriously

• i�m makimg a video to explain exactly how the gameplay works.

if your making a video why not just release a tech demo?

Overall this project seems way too ambitios for your first project. RPGs are time intensive and take alot of work to get them right. You plot also seems very wonky, Why is there a god of the birds if there are no birds? Why is there a god of Stone and Lava, since Lava is just molten stone? Also you mentioned a sequel...Get the first game out before you even think about a sequel.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)