Downhill Rush

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Version 1.1 Update.

Additions

New snow mound obstacle to novice. Reduces speed and score depending on the speed of impact.
Snow particle is now animated.
Snow particle spray added to character's left/right turns.
Snow particle added to Sarah's signature move.
Dizzy stares have been added to the character's ko animation.
Victory tune added when the player reaches the end of the course.
Goal gate sound effects added.

Changes

Menu soundtrack fades out during Cabin to Course transition.
Course soundtrack volume reduced to match the rest.
Changed the obstacle spawning back to normal for Jason's signature move. When colliding, the objects explode into bits for visual flair.
Removed the yellow filter to text the used them. Planning on making 2 different color versions of the game font.
Slight delay to fade dark for the victory condition.

Fixes
Ski right sound effect not playing for yeti, monk, and sarah are now working.
Course select gui did not disappear, when exiting the course menu. That is now fixed.

Additionally i submitted my game to Facebook, and awaiting approval. I'll inform you guys if approved. The game link is the same, which is located on my first post.

Also made a Subreddit for my game on reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DHR/PixelPalette2013-09-08 19:58:20
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:52 am

News update and a mini Dev log.

News:

Work on 1.2 has started and will have a project release on the 17th.

As for the Facebook upload, its live but will not appear on the app store page; it needs a combination of share and engagements(plays). If you have not added me as a friend, you will not be able to see the shared link to the game. Although if you search for Downhill Rush, it might come up.

Dev Log:

I been getting a trickle of views, while i been doing the Facebook submission stuff. 89 ad views and i received $0.01 cents from it. Zero in app purchases as well. No promotion on my side, so that would be the reason.

But now that i gone trough this Facebook process, be prepared to have a private policy page written up, multiple icons sizes to make, and multiple banners to create. So it no quick submission process to say the least.

This time i am shooting for Mozilla App Store for these sub 2.0 versions. It was very simple process doing it from Clay.IO, so you do not need to export it as a packaged app from Construct 2. Just pick your orientation, sign up for dev account, add one icon, and enter information about the game.

I'll do another development log, once the game gets approved and i have 1.2 out the door for one week.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:47 pm

Back with a new build

Additions

New left/right goal object, for pro and expert course. Pro and expert now available for purchase.
New how to play for each course, after selecting Race.
Source code optimizations.

Changes

Tweaked the distance counting speed so it counts a little bit faster depending on the stage selected.
Removed a barely visible extra particle.

Fixes

Fixed the gate sound effect not triggering.
Fixed touch objects showing in keyboard/gamepad mode.
Fixed the gear purchasing, so it doesn't keep reducing the player's coins once they are purchased.

Game link in the first page of the original post.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:44 am

Back with a dev log update.

Since i been away, i tried something out by putting another game of mine on Game Jolt. I've found that they pay better then Clay does, for the two days its been on there.

To compare
Clay.IO ads is based on CPA currently. So in order to do well you need to get your ads clicked on. I got an email response saying he's been trying out a combination of ad systems to find the right one. Currently i have 202 ad views, with $0.01 of revenue. I received that at the 66 ad views mark. My game has well over 1000's of game views for comparison.

Game Jolt uses some other system i have not research, but i am currently at 205 ad views, with $0.15 of revenue. With practically no advertisement of my game on there. I currently hid the game for now, to also test FGL website, where i am currently awaiting approval.

I'll keep updating on the Clay.IO. It's up you to decide if its worth it. The only reason i have it still on their is because of the free webhosting, so i can publish on other app stores that require a secured host.PixelPalette2013-09-22 00:46:15
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Creations