[size=150:2qa6q1fu]Download Construct 2 public preview 28
[size=85:2qa6q1fu]Link to release 27
Lots of additions, changes and fixes. Hopefully this corrects all the teething issues that have come up since the public preview.
I can't reproduce the crash-on-close bug, but I made a change that might fix it - let me know if it still crashes on close.
- [ADD] System expression: newline
- [ADD] Common object expression: count
- [ADD] System expression 'loopindex' can now take a parameter of the name of the loop index to get
- [ADD] Text: 'Append text' action
- [ADD] Instance variables dialog: can drag and drop variables to reorder, rename via label edits and F2, and move up and down from the toolbar.
- [ADD] Sprite and Text: Is Visible, Set Visible
- [CHANGE] Boolean instance variables: now use a true/false combo in properties, and have their own conditions and actions: 'Is boolean instance variable set', 'Set boolean' and 'Toggle boolean'. Boolean variables don't appear in the other instance variable actions/conditions and vice versa. Booleans should be fully functional now. They provide a nicer way of using on/off flags, such as 'Player: Is Alive' as opposed to 'Player: Alive = 1'.
- [CHANGE] By default the canvas doesn't bring up a context menu when you right click it. (Thanks Gullanian)
- [CHANGE] Instance indexing (e.g. Sprite(n).X) previously worked indexing in to the SOL (the currently picked objects) - this seems inconvenient in practice, so now it indexes for all objects, regardless of which are picked. This means Sprite(0).X is always
the first instance's
X co-ordinate, whereas before Sprite(0).X was identical to Sprite.X (which is the first currently picked instance's X co-ordinate).
- [CHANGE] Text: now accepts numbers passed to 'Set Text'
- [FIX] System 'For' condition was not inclusive to the end value
- [FIX] Text object did not wrap newlines in text properly
- [FIX] Recursive loops (loops-in-loops) work now
- [FIX] Subevents to loops sometimes ran even when they were false
- [FIX] IDE crash clicking back in parameters dialog with an invalid expression
- [FIX] Runtime: instance variables are set to a correct initial value when a new object is created (previously it accidentally gained the last instance's current variables)
- [FIX] System 'Create object' did not pick the created instance
- [FIX] max and min system expressions would not accept instance variable parameters
- [FIX] Error cloning an object type with instance variables