[size=200:1aylyb4p]Download Construct 2 public preview 32.2
[size=85:1aylyb4p]Link to release 31
This build, with several other changes, introduces the behaviors engine. There is only one working behavior - 8 direction - which is there mainly to prove the engine works. There's plenty to do still, but this should give you something to try out, as well as a few other tweaks, and r31 is due to expire soon anyways Edit:
updated to 32.2 to fix broken input plugins.
- [Feature] Early implementation of behaviors. The behaviors dialog is modelled after the instance variables dialog, where behaviors can be added, reordered and deleted. Attributes have been merged in to behaviors (so 'solid' is now a behavior). There is only a primitive version of the 8 direction behavior - there are no behavior actions, conditions and expressions, properties or customisable controls, and 'solids' have no effect yet - it's mostly under-the-hood work to get it to basic functionality.
- [Add] Can drag-and-drop .capx and .caproj files in to the Construct 2 window to open them.
- [Add/fix] Can drag-and-drop PNG and BMP files from Windows Explorer in to a layout, and it automatically creates a new Sprite object with that texture. Could be a nice time saver when you have a lot of artwork, especially while there's no picture editor. (Previously this resulted in a check failure.)
- [Add] 'Add blank sub-event' to right-click menu of events
- [Add] Project bar and object bar right-click menus have options to edit instance variables and behaviors of object types
- [Change] New About box
- [Change] Selecting an object type from the project or object bar shows properties as if all its instances in the project were mass-selected. This is probably much more useful when working in the event sheet editor.
- [Change] Object names (and behaviors) are now allowed to start with numbers as long as there are non-number characters in its name. In other words, names like "8Direction" or "3DObject" were previously not allowed, but are OK now.
- [Change] Preview in browser has a centred canvas and dark background.
- [Fix] Creating an object on a layer by number chooses the nearest layer if it doesn't exist (e.g. creating an object on layer 1 with a single layer, 0-based, now creates the object on layer 0 instead of doing nothing)