Dr. Horrible's Ice-Ship Game

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:24 pm

I wanted to show you my first creation: Dr. Horrible's Ice-Ship Game. It's based on the Ghost Shooter Construct tutorial with some addons and inspired by the Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog series. It isn't too complex: 2 kind of pickups, score counter, health, simple graphics and no levels. Tell me if you like it.

DOWNLOAD FROM MEGAUPLOAD --> [url:37o311pu]http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=OWRQ8EJS[/url:37o311pu]
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:11 am

LOL Dr. Horrible huh?? I'll check it out in a little bit! :wink:
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:51 am

Man that's tough! I managed to get 6 Penny heads on my third try though! Not bad for your first game! An intro screen would be a good idea, if you wanted to go that far with it.

I never saw beyond episode 2... :(
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:11 am

[quote="midnight":17h6be5q]Man that's tough! I managed to get 6 Penny heads on my third try though! Not bad for your first game! An intro screen would be a good idea, if you wanted to go that far with it.

I never saw beyond episode 2... :([/quote:17h6be5q]

Yes it's very difficult, the first time I thought it was too easy so I changed some variables and i probably went too far :lol:. It isn't a very funny game, but I can improve it. I'll tell you what happens when you pick up 15 Pennys: a pickup appears that destroys every hammer and hammer projectile.

Thank you and for playing it and for the advices, i will take them into account.

PS. Oh and, midnight, Spanky tought me how to manage animations. Thank you for that too! :wink:
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:12 am

Here is Dr. Horrible's Ice-Ship Game 1.1 with some playing improvements:
Megaupload (529Kb) ---> [url:64g3257k]http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=HF5BD5FN[/url:64g3257k]

Oh, the controls are arrow keys and left mouse button.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:36 am

While I wait to download from megaupload I might as well recommend that you use http://fileshack.us/ . All the cool kids are doing it.

Megaupload kinda blows.

Anyway, I'll try out your game and report back later.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:55 pm

Yes, you can check the brand new 2.0 version of the Dr. Horrible's Ice-Ship Game. No introduction yet but a lot of improvements:
Explosion effects
Graphics' size optimized
Fuel variable added
Edge continuity
Pause/Resume
And lots that I can't remember

And the controls are the following:
Arrows ____________________ Move the ship
Left Mouse Button ___________ Shoot an ice floe
Right Mouse Button __________ Powerful mode
S _________________________ Restart the game
P _________________________ Pause the game
R _________________________ Resume the game

Although I'm definitely not a cool kid I decided, after a long reflexion, to upload it to:
FileShack (589Kb) ---> [url:3odkkb38]http://www.fileshack.us/get_file.php?id=39490&file=Dr.+Horrible++s+Ice-Ship+Game+2.0+-+www.ramoneces.tk.rar[/url:3odkkb38]

I hope anyone enjoys it.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:35 pm

Okay, I gave it a shot (downloaded the new version).

Am I to understand that every time you kill one hammer, um... thing, then two more spawn?

That's kinda silly. Perhaps instead of making them spawn that way, you could have a timer interval whereupon enemies spawn, and killing enemies simply shortens the interval.

Also, since it's a spaceship, I was kinda expecting Asteroids controls. The eight-way contriols kinda look a little off when the player sprite is a ship. The thruster is in the back, but it can go any which way it wants :?

I also don't hear any sounds, but there is a TBassSource log text created when I run your game. Do you have external sounds in a folder that you forgot to include in the .rar, or is my computer just not playing your sounds for some reason?

I also don't get the theme of the game, I suppose it's something that I'd have to read your blog to understand?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:59 pm

Well, I downloaded it, and it wasn't to bad for a first game. But I agree with Deadeye, the ship needs to have more asteroids like controls. It was really awkward to control with the arrow-keys and a laptop trackpad. :?

[quote="deadeye":31i338tz]I also don't get the theme of the game, I suppose it's something that I'd have to read your blog to understand?[/quote:31i338tz]

Are you saying you've never heard of Dr. Horrible? :P Just click here.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:57 am

Yes, i agree with you in several points. The 8 direction controls is because i found it easier when you have a mouse, the asteroid is just annoying for me from the beginning. I think i will try add an optional keyboard-only control system.
I liked the idea that if you want to score, you have to destroy the hammer... things and they duplicate, and it gets hard soon untill you find the power-ball.
The only sound is the series' intro theme at the starting. There are no shooting and exploding sounds yet, but i will implemment them as soon as i get my microphone. I don't know how to make the .exe file not to create the log .txt. If you knew something about it, please...
Thank both very much for commenting.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Your Creations