drag and drop very slow

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Use inertion of your movements to throw, rotate your objects and etc. Objects can interact with others while dragging.g
  • Hello,

I'm trying to make a puzzle game and using the drag and drop works very slow on a real device with Android (I used PhoneGap). Does anyone know tell me what is that?

Thanks!

• what is the fps?

• I don't understand, Where I can check the fps?

I have several pieces of the puzzle and the user only makes drag and drop.

Thanks!

• +text object -> set text to "fps"

"fps" is a system expression

• I added "Item1" "DragDrop is dragging" -> set text to fps

Executing it on the web appears on 50 fps, although there are peaks of 14, 20, 65, 80 ...

When I can prove it on a real device (build.phonegap.com now does not work) and see the values.

Anyway, if the values ??are low, what would be the way to solve it?

Thank you very much for responding so quickly.

Regards,

Ruben.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I just try on the real device and operating at 4 and 5 fps.

Why running slowly?

• PhoneGap in general is pretty slow..

• then there is no way to work better, even without PhoneGap?

• If the drag and drop behavior is working slowly, have you considered making your own drag and drop set of events?

Maybe you can detect the touched object and move to the position of the touch at every tick with touch.x and touch.y

• Hello,

I did what you said using events instead of drag and drop but the effect is the same. I've noticed that with a more modern device works perfectly, but I'd like it to work reasonably well on older devices.

I tried to make a native Android application by adding a WebView and has improved a lot, but I'd still like to improve it more.

I read that with appMobi can increase the speed and am trying to use it, but I have a problem. I export the project as appMobi (experimental) from Construct 2 and when appMobi imported it into ocurres the following error:

"The appMobi JavaScript Library is missing". Puts you copy the following in all my html files:

<! - The line below is required for access to the appMobi JS library ->

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="http://localhost:58888/_appMobi/appmobi.js"> </ script>

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">

/ / This event handler is fired eleven the appMobi libraries are ready

onDeviceReady function () {

/ / use appMobi device viewport resolution to handle if you want Differences

/ / AppMobi.display.useViewport (768.1024);

/ / hide splash screen Now That our app is ready to run

AppMobi.device.hideSplashScreen ();

}

/ / initial event handler to detect when to appMobi is ready to roll

document.addEventListener ("appMobi.device.ready" onDeviceReady, false);

</ script>

I tried to do it but to upload it back again gives me the same error message.

I followed the tutorial "http://www.scirra.com/tutorials/304/how-to-export-to-appmobi-with-directcanvas/page-1" along with "http://www.appmobi.com/documentation/content/Tutorials/Tutorial_GettingStarted/index.html?r=8448 "

Does anyone have experience with appMobi?

Thank you very much.

• appmobi will not make your app run faster unless you use their direct canvas which is not yet supported on android. the only way is to use the cocoon option, but this one is still in beta with no way to export to a real android app yet. that's just the (sad) way it is for now.

• Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to use CocoonJS but when exporting the project from Construct 2 appears the following:

Exporting to CocoonJS is not the free edition.

Is there any way of expot for free? �I can export it as a site of HTML5 and do some manual configuration to be used with CocoonJS?

Thank you.

• gonpla i think you should buy it then , as you know cocoonjs is going to create a cloud which can create app for apple and apk for android and you can publish your apps but of course you need the apple developer stuffs... i'm not that good in English to explain ^^

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)