DRAGON BALL MULTIVERSE THE GAME

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:29 pm

First look
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:03 pm

Be careful it looks like you're in breach of copyright. Unless you have permission from the owners of Dragon Ball?
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:01 pm

Well people who made this story(comics) dont have premission from original Author they dont receive any money this is just a fanart i dont need premision to create game
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:00 pm

Actually officially you do need permission and are not allowed to do it. In their FAQ they say this:

But you're allowed to do that?...

...no. We could be if this was a parody (like the well-known Spanish Dragon Fall), but here, we'd need the copyright, and we will never get it.

But, as we don't sell this comic, there is no reason to stop us from giving publicity to Dragon Ball :)

In japan, fan-comics like this one, named Dôjinshi, are very popular and numerous.

Which means whoever owns the copyright can stop you at anytime. I am just making sure you are aware so IF it happens it isn't a complete surprise that you have to remove everything you worked hard to produce.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:42 pm

@TheWyrm interesting Thank you im take look at this closer. I cant use Dragon Ball sprites iven if i dont want make money with this project?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:43 pm

@delgado So officially and legally no. However, you can still do it, but like Dragonball Multiverse they take the risk that at any time they could be told to stop and remove it.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:48 pm

@delgado This does not stop you from using the art as a placeholder to test your engine.

When you are complete with your project just swap out the sprites with your own personal sprites that you have and no harm can be done to all your hard work.

in the future be very careful which sprites you use when making a game, This can break your indie dev career in a fast way.
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:40 pm

There are a bunch of fan made games out there, ie metroidlikes, vanialikes and they are technically in violation of copyright but don't seem to have issues. In terms of the Dragonball franchise, I've seen trouble for one of the mod makers out there. The mod Bid for Power had some issues if I recall correctly and even received a cease and desist order. So maybe their publishers are a bit more inclined to do those sorts of things.

Certainly something to keep in mind, it's a dangerous game to play
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:28 pm

@RookieDev i change sprites to my own in future. @Kouji San you are right too when i start making this game i search ethernet to find other games , i found many games about DB.
Maybe when this game will be great and playable, i will send message to author and give him my game for small percent of selled copy?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:56 pm

delgado More than likley if your project does do well you are putting yourself at risk of Cease and Desist Orders from Bandai or even worse. Your best bet is to make sure you swap your sprites or you are doing nothing more than rolling the dice with your hard work.

Here is the only Developer with rights to DBZ stuff that i know of.
http://www.bandainamcogames.com/game/dr ... verse.html
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

Next

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests