Shadownaut - A cyberpunk stealth platformer

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
After 6 months of development, countless source recording & editing sessions we happily present you with Stealth Game.
  • Story

Uncover your past in a chaotic city controlled by men and enforced by machines. Battle your way through armies of government enforcers, religious zealots, and corporate mercenaries to find the origin of your power.

Gameplay

Influenced by Shinobi, Rolling Thunder, Ninja Gaiden, Castlevania, and others. Gameplay is focused on close combat with an emphasis on stealth, timing, and decision making.

Visuals

It will make particular use of ZX Spectrum-style attribute clash to simulate atmospheric lighting and other effects. It will also stick closely to ZX Spectrum colour/attribute limitations (although not necessarily memory and CPU limits!).

Platform

PC

Completion: 10%

• Story [Complete]
    • Design doc [Complete]
    • Working prototype [In-progress]

Updates

I mostly post updates to Twitter (@helpcomputer0) but I'll keep this thread updated when I can.

In-progress shots:

• Working on a "sticky" jumping mechanic, similar to the old Batman games.

• That art style man... so nice, sooo special.

I have to guess you are using effects on the lights , right ? (i mean about the way you blend the characters pixels with the pixels of the yellow light.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That art style man... so nice, sooo special.

I have to guess you are using effects on the lights , right ? (i mean about the way you blend the characters pixels with the pixels of the yellow light.

Thanks! Yea I use a separate layer for the colour blocks. The lightening flash is just making the colour layer invisible.

• Mainly working on new enemies this week and how visibility works, also added other stuff to test as I go like collectables.

• Hey!

I just wanted to say your pixel art is really amazing! This might be a real challenge on designing it, but "Wow!", it's so unique!

Can't wait to test/play something, or view your progress.

• Hey!

I just wanted to say your pixel art is really amazing! This might be a real challenge on designing it, but "Wow!", it's so unique!

Can't wait to test/play something, or view your progress.

Thanks a lot! Returned the follow

• Im was playing Prime Mover, and... I follow the track and found here~~

just want say; beatiful game and good luck <3 +more a follower here

• > Hey!

> I just wanted to say your pixel art is really amazing! This might be a real challenge on designing it, but "Wow!", it's so unique!

> Can't wait to test/play something, or view your progress.

>

Thanks a lot! Returned the follow

You're welcome!

Please note that follow back wasn't my intention. ??

Anyway I was wondering do you already work with C3 or still using C2?

On my side, I released my first game last week using C2 (1 year of dev – that's why) but now I plan to switch to C3 for next updates of Bikosaur, and new games.

• >

> > Hey!

> > I just wanted to say your pixel art is really amazing! This might be a real challenge on designing it, but "Wow!", it's so unique!

> > Can't wait to test/play something, or view your progress.

> >

>

> Thanks a lot! Returned the follow

>

You're welcome!

Please note that follow back wasn't my intention. ??

Anyway I was wondering do you already work with C3 or still using C2?

On my side, I released my first game last week using C2 (1 year of dev – that's why) but now I plan to switch to C3 for next updates of Bikosaur, and new games.

No, I checked out your Twitter and decided to follow

C2 for now but I have tried C3. I'm keeping track of the changes in C3 but there's currently nothing I need. I'm still prototyping and creating the artwork so I can easily switch to C3 if needed, but I'll make a more final decision in the next couple of months.

• Im was playing Prime Mover, and... I follow the track and found here~~

just want say; beatiful game and good luck <3 +more a follower here

Thanks!

• Testing enemies again this week and some other new stuff.

• Looks really good!

• Don't you think the sky shouldn't scroll that fast? I'm just suggesting, ofcourse.

This fast moving sky feels hypnotizing to me. I guess this is not where the attention point should be.

Apart from that this is very beautiful, man!

I'm really looking forward how it turns out.

• Don't you think the sky shouldn't scroll that fast? I'm just suggesting, ofcourse.

This fast moving sky feels hypnotizing to me. I guess this is not where the attention point should be.

Apart from that this is very beautiful, man!

I'm really looking forward how it turns out.

Thanks! Yea it was too fast , I've slowed it down a bit since

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)