Dragonhelm (Tactical roleplaying game)

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:29 am

@nimos100
This is very impressive, I think you have the largest gameplay made out of C2. 5049 events was in June, so how many events do you have now? How long have you been working on this?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:25 pm

DuckfaceNinja wrote:@nimos100
This is very impressive, I think you have the largest gameplay made out of C2. 5049 events was in June, so how many events do you have now? How long have you been working on this?

Well...hmmm :D

At the moment its on 5657, but I haven't actually worked on it for a long time. So whether I will continue with it or not im not sure of. As with most projects as you probably know yourself, when you get more and more experience working with C2. You notice things that are made in very bad ways. But due to the way you original designed it, it can be very difficult to redesign. And also new features are released with C2 that at the moment could have help you create a better design. For instant I was working on the tactical combat part of the game, and was having serious problems with the path finding behaviour as it had a lot of limits to it and actually didn't work very well for something like this I think. So I had to make a lot of workarounds that was really messy, and most likely filled with bugs etc. But now you have so you can regenerate obstacles etc around certain objects. Which would really have made a huge difference.

So if I should continue on it, I would most likely just reuse the graphic and create a new one from scratch instead, I learned so much from doing it, especially because you cant avoid running into problems and also working on a huge project like that, really make you see and learn where problems occur when having to organize something like that. And I really would hope that C2 had better tools for that, as it really falls short when it comes to such size programs I think. As you can imagine how it is to find a specific function between 5600 events even if you have good organisation, is not easy :D

So a simple feature like being able to Ctrl+Left click a function call to jump to the function it self, would be a gift from God :D
But understand that they prefer adding stuff that benefit the masses, as the majority of people probably doesn't create game with so many events.

But anyway at the moment im working on a strategy space game kind of like X-3 the old ones, where you have to survive in the universe, by building up a company with space stations to produce varies goods/resources that can be traded with other stations, mine for ores, buy or build space ships, and engage in hopefully huge battles. So its more like a choose what you would like to do kind of game, so if you prefer to be a pirate or having a huge trading empire or maybe just conquer the universe you can do that.....well at least that's the general idea :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:00 pm

good game dude
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:57 pm

mannygill99 wrote:good game dude

Thanks, unfortunately the game is dropped for now and only the idea remains, but hope to pick it up again sometime :D
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:05 am

Wow, such a game idea. I'd love to see it in completion. :)
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests