Drawing to a minimap + clearing offscreen objects

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:01 pm

So it took me a couple of hours, but I've learned some cool things now, and I've implemented the relevant code into my project. It works beautifully! I was even able to create a 1000 x 1000 map. Even though it flickers when I teleport my sprite to a new location, at least I know it is working.

Not that I want them to even be that big (what would I do with it?)

Anyways, now I'm on to the task of fixing the damn minimap.

I've tried a few things here, and since I can't even think of a way to test this, I'm not sure what else to try.

I had my minimap set to put a different tile into it based on any value in the array that was a 2. It worked great. I've checked that the squares i'm changing are indeed changed to 2's in the array, so I'm not sure why it doesn't put anything on the minimap.

I also tried changing the event to a "For Each Object" setting my sprite as the object, and setting another condition that the animation frame is 2.

What gives?
B
S

Post » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:19 pm

You could add "while" conditions to the top of each of the events that compare x and y, that would allow for motion beyond a screen at a time without flickering. I should also point out that the player should be moved in events above the scrolling events.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:46 pm

Works like a charm.

I fixed my minimap issue more or less. I have one bug where it seems to be reacting weirdly but I'm sure I'll sor that out.

I was treating "draw terrain ________" as if that were only an image I was picking to plot whatever the condition was for, instead of picking the actual object I wanted to plot.

Now on to saving and loading! (and I can let this thread die finally)crowtongue2012-10-11 20:47:26
B
S

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic