Dreaded tile gap issue when in full screen mode.

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • Hi

I'm working on a game using pixel art and backgrounds made of 32x32 tiles. I've got it set to use pixel rounding and point filtering. It's all great when not in full screen mode.

In full screen mode, the browsers seem to use float and perhaps linear filtering despite my settings and the dreaded gaps between the tiles appear.

Asside from designing all my tiles to overlap a pixel or two at the edges, is there any way to fix this?

• There's two ways to do full screen now. Have you tried with the browser plug yet?

Also, you might try up-scaling the images, and scaling them down in C2.

• Hi Newt,

Can you tell me where to find the browser plug-in, I used forum search AND looked through EVERY post in the plug-in thread and didn't see it. :(

• Its an official plug, so you should already have it. Looks like a globe, down at the bottom of the list.

• LOL. that explains it! Thanks.

• well, triggering when the app goes full screen doesn't help the tile issue. I think the only solution is making the tile art overlap by a pixel. which isnt too hard to do.

• make sure your origin of the sprite is exactly where it should be. I had this issue when Id stretch a sprite theyd have gaps between them. It was all cause of the origin point

• Try enabling 'Pixel rounding' in project properties. It was designed to help solve this issue. It will stop any rendering happening between pixels, which is when seams can appear.

• ASHLEY. I had already enabled pixel rounding (as I mentioned in the first post.)

It fixes it ONLY when NOT in full screen mode. Once you go to full screen (with scaling) mode, the tiles get the gap again.

The solution I went with is creating all my tiles as 33x33 yet using 32x32 snap to grid. This eliminates any chance for the gap no matter what. This allowed me to also turn lineral filtering on and turn off pixel rounding.

• Hmm, none of these solutions seem to be working for me.

I'm trying to do the same thing but on node-webkit

• 33x33 tiles used in a 32x32 grid works in every case i've tried including node-webkit. Are use using tiles that are 33x33 and a grid that is 32x32, with the anchor point at 0,0 of the tile sprites?

if you upload or link to a capx with your issue, I or someone else can likely help resolve your issue.

cheers,

Mike

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I had the same problem; I just pressed ctrl+0 in my browser and problem solved.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)