Dream Journey (platform)

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:20 pm

http://dreamjourney.hol.es/

Hi everyone!

This is a platform like Wonderboy!
It's playable a small part of the first level..... now i'm working to the first level Boss, but i don't know where to start! :D

http://dreamjourney.hol.es/
Last edited by argail on Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
S

Post » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:41 pm

Nice graphics and smooth gameplay. All I can say for your end boss it make it HUGE, BIG with lots of shooting guns ;-)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:53 pm

Hi argail,

that is really good pixel art u got there. I especially like it with the parallax effect. To be able to walk around the moon is an cool idea.

Here a few things I would change:
- Change volume of music/sounds. the music is a bit to loud for my taste.
- The moon, the font, the jewels and the coins doesn't fit to the pixel art. They have to many details. Especially the jewel is to 3d-ish.
- Collected jewels/coins fall somewhere down. That was a bit confusing like what is it going to do down there. I would just let it pop up a bit and dissapear or if you like it flying I would recommend to let it fly to the counter in the top left (like donkey kong country does it with bananas ^^)
- Lifebar could be bigger
- You should make it more clear when the player got hit. Maybe the sound could fix it or you let him bleed or flash or something.
- Moving objects should look diffrent to solid rocks.

Hope this feedback helps you. I am curious about your boss.

Cheers,
Marco
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:46 am

MACPK wrote:Hi argail,

that is really good pixel art u got there. I especially like it with the parallax effect. To be able to walk around the moon is an cool idea.

Here a few things I would change:
- The moon, the font, the jewels and the coins doesn't fit to the pixel art. They have to many details. Especially the jewel is to 3d-ish.
- Collected jewels/coins fall somewhere down. That was a bit confusing like what is it going to do down there. I would just let it pop up a bit and dissapear or if you like it flying I would recommend to let it fly to the counter in the top left (like donkey kong country does it with bananas ^^)
- You should make it more clear when the player got hit. Maybe the sound could fix it or you let him bleed or flash or something.

Hope this feedback helps you. I am curious about your boss.

Cheers,
Marco

- Yeah, the sounds were taken around the internet and they aren't normalized!
- This is true! Of course i must change all the graphics due the copyright.....
- i work hard to get this effect that i like so much! :D
- Yes, it's very small!!! Maybe i will change the life bar with something like the original Wonderboy, so with heart!
- This was made a long time ago, now that I have more experience with Constructor2 i will change it, fixing the animations and the sounds.
- I don't understand what yo mean......:D
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:21 pm

Hi it is great game keep improving ;) I am making platformer too and I want to ask you what condition do you use for walk sound of character? Thank you for share.
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:09 pm

Ubru wrote:Hi it is great game keep improving ;) I am making platformer too and I want to ask you what condition do you use for walk sound of character? Thank you for share.

Hi friend!! This is the part regarding the walking sound fx.... i don't know if there's a best way to do this, but in this way it works!

Global variable : passi = 0 (passi means steps)
Animation "spadadx" and "spadasx" are the animations of the sword on the left and the right side.
Stopmuro is a global variable that check if the player is near a wall or not.
Pgmorto is a global variable that check if the player is dead or not.
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:24 am

Thank you for sharing it is interesting system I will try it and compere with other one.
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:54 am

Here is my version (inspired by example project Neon-platformer).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:40 pm

Ubru wrote:Here is my version (inspired by example project Neon-platformer).

Cool! Do you have a demo to test ? :D
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:00 pm

Build 0.004
Added the possibility to shoot arrows.
Addes boss (beta).
(shoot or hit the head of the minotaur)
Last edited by argail on Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Next

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests