DropBox

0 favourites
  • Some of you are already familiar with this cool program, I know because you told ME about it.

Highly recommended for group projects where file sharing is a must. With DropBox, you have a "folder" on your computer which is linked into an online storage host. You can drag and drop, save, and update files right in the local folder and instantly it will being to update the online folder.

You can link (invite) as many other users into your DropBox as you like, making it very easy to work on things together! The 2Gb limit is enough for many projects on a Construct sized scale, and this may even prove useful as a community folder for things we share on the forums.

If people want, I can set up a community folder and invite everyone who is using DropBox here. Sharing .cap files and other bits and pieces will be so easy!

Check out DropBox HERE

~Sol

• True to your word, you're fleshing out the new forum.

DropBox looks very good though signed up.

• Signed up as well! Though I'll use it as a personal storage for now. Thanks

• If anyone thinks a community box would be good, PM me and if I get enough interest to make it worth while, then I'll look into setting it all up.

Glad you guys like it. For Deadeye and myself, it has already proven very cool.

~Sol

• I could be interested, however I note one drawback to large community using such a feature... we'd be synching all the freaking time! My broadband ain't that broad. Besides, in a community even 2 GB would quickly deplete, since some people have a knack for uploading large files... which again leads to hogging everyone's bandwidth down.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I could be interested, however I note one drawback to large community using such a feature... we'd be synching all the freaking time! My broadband ain't that broad. Besides, in a community even 2 GB would quickly deplete, since some people have a knack for uploading large files... which again leads to hogging everyone's bandwidth down.

Yeah I guess this is true... though if everyone uses it properly, it should really only be for .cap files and small graphics etc. Really anything over a couple of hundred kb would be considered too large I think, mind you your bandwidth doesn't get used unless you run/copy/move something from the folder... it doesn't use any downloads (anything significant anyway) to sync.

• Okay, so far I'm finding it awesome... from one man's perspective, that is. I can save my .cap projects locally in the Public folder and they get synced with the web folder, so I don't have to upload at all! Just pick the link up and post it.

Wish there was an easier way to pick the hot link up, though...

• Okay, so far I'm finding it awesome... from one man's perspective, that is. I can save my .cap projects locally in the Public folder and they get synced with the web folder, so I don't have to upload at all! Just pick the link up and post it.

Wish there was an easier way to pick the hot link up, though...

Yeah if you could hotlink to the files in your dropbox it would be the ultimate file hosting service.... This was why I thought having a community box would be cool, and it could be regularly maintained by anyone. If something becomes redundant, just delete it!

~Sol

• Sweet. This is almost like having an SVN repository without all the hassle of setting difficult stuff up. I like!

• This is quite possibly the best thing ever. I just set up an account for me and the two other guys I work with and We got so much done today. As soon as I save some thing they can see it. This is a must have for any group projects!

• Seriously, dropbox is awesome and everyone should get it. It makes quick troubleshooting in chat so much easier... no need to go to smellyhost.com and type in captcha, only to have the people downloading wait for 45 seconds and look at popup ads just to get your .cap

• Plus, it is a good site to post host images and construct files, and a good backup system.

• Seriously, dropbox is awesome and everyone should get it. It makes quick troubleshooting in chat so much easier... no need to go to smellyhost.com and type in captcha, only to have the people downloading wait for 45 seconds and look at popup ads just to get your .cap

Hmm... I wonder why I bumped the thread on this day...

• > Seriously, dropbox is awesome and everyone should get it. It makes quick troubleshooting in chat so much easier... no need to go to smellyhost.com and type in captcha, only to have the people downloading wait for 45 seconds and look at popup ads just to get your .cap

>

Hmm... I wonder why I bumped the thread on this day...

Gee I dunno Rocky? D:

~Sol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)