The time is fast approaching for the release of the alpha demo for Dungeon Buster!
Lots of things have changed since I last posted:
- Buster's look is being reworked:
- There are puzzles to be solved:
- There are secrets to be found:
- And most importantly, dungeons to be explored:
Here's a more thorough changelist:
- Added notes & journals (forms of clues for dungeon secrets, non-writeable)
- Added 'Adventure Mike's Fine Grain Revealing Salts' - a puzzle solving item.
- Added number combination puzzle type.
- Added invisible bridge puzzle type.
- Added 'dead adventurer skeletons' - combine with the journals as a visual cue.
- Enemies use the pathfinding behaviour, combined with a line of sight engine.
- Tweaked the chest system for better randomised loot.
- Added short sword weapon.
- Added long sword weapon.
- Added longbow weapon.
And the to-do/WIP list:
- Started creating the demo level.
- Rework the user interface elements.
- Improve combat.
- Rework the levelling system.
- Fully animate Buster & the enemies.
There's still a lot to be done before the demo will be ready, so I can't put a definite date up for the release, but what I can say for sure is that it will sadly not
be available on the Scirra Arcade, due to the use of custom behaviours. I will most likely host it on the Clay.IO website, or failing that on my own website.
Stay tuned for more info/sneak peeks in the coming week!
slap it onto the flappy bird template...
bang it on google play with all the other shovelware...