Dungeon Buster

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:20 am

We have decided to make the game open source when it is completed, so that you all may use the engine as a template for your own games.

Latest Update: 06/09/2015

Dungeon Buster has been Greenlit!!

Thank you to everyone who voted for us, we've finally made it!

The Story
Dungeon Buster is set in the land of Jorokiim; a fantastical land teeming with all the right elements that make for a fun adventure, up to and including maniac shopkeepers. Buster is a once-famous knight of the Royal Guard of Jorokiim, fallen from fame as per the slow march of time. Evil reared it's head long ago, shooting Buster to fame as the lone knight who stood up to it and clawed back the sanity of the world. Well, not really. There was another guy, a wizard named Lars Séance. He paid the ultimate price, giving his life to perform an archaic spell that would seal away the evil forever, or about 20 years as it turns out. Buster made it out alive, and quietly forgot to mention Lars sacrifice thus gaining all of the glory.But evil has awoken once more, and has conveniently inhabited the many abandoned dungeons scattered throughout Jorokiim. Rising to face the challenge is what you'd expect of Buster, but really he was forced to do it...

Current Status

Check out the latest news post over on the IndieDB page for up to date info on the games development! The same news is also posted here on the Scirra Forums.

Latest Media

Last edited by Wrangler on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:55 am, edited 19 times in total.
slap it onto the flappy bird template...
bang it on google play with all the other shovelware...
sorted...
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:06 pm

@Wrangler
nice to see this in words :)

i believe this will be a great game when we are finished :)

B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:17 pm

Looks pretty cool. Looking forward to playing it. :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:22 pm

@wrangler I've been digging your art style for a long time. I'm all wee to see it in a game!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:39 am

@KazaamMafia @RandomFellow Thanks! Keep your eyes peeled as we intend to have regular thread updates!
sorted...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:34 am

Hello all,
In the last couple of days there have been a couple of important additions to the game.

Firstly is the vendor, it's fairly rudimentary at the moment but the functionality is there so all we need to do is decide on all of the ingame items.

Secondly is the inventory (no screenshots yet, sorry! It doesn't look good!), which functions as a simply as an inventory can function (no drag and drop, sorry!).
sorted...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:36 am

Your art is awesome. Game looks great.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:33 am

yep he made all of this with the image editor in C2 :) awesome skills!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:50 am

Indeed! Although some stuff gets made in an outside image editor when I need more control for layers or tighter colour control.
sorted...
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:34 pm

I've made the inventory a bit more presentable and would like to show what it looks like:

It'll function pretty basically; letting you select what weapons/items you want to equip, as well as providing some information about each weapon/item. The item information changes depending on the icon you're hovering over, and disappears completely when you aren't hovering over anything. You will not be able to move items around in this inventory, as functionally it would serve no purpose and it's easier for me to create the inventory this way.
sorted...
B
S
G

Next

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests