Dungeon Escape - Online

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:32 am

[quote="frpnit":rvevxnnn]Wish me luck! (PS.: i've never used python before, but reading documentation and sample code, it's not complicated as well)[/quote:rvevxnnn]
Good luck! Python is very intuitive, I find it is a joy to write just about anything in it. Also, there are many examples on the web.

[quote="AfterShock":rvevxnnn]In your tutorial will you explain how to show a list of all the servers? Instead of having to manually join already knowing the ip and port[/quote:rvevxnnn]
I hadn't really thought about that. To do something like that all of the clients and servers would have to connect to one (or a cluster of) centralized web server, or something like that so people would know who was hosting. That is probably beyond the scope of this tutorial, but I'll definitely consider it if I do a UDP tutorial in the future.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:01 pm

New version uploaded. Increased speed of players, and added interpolation to the beast. There is no noticeable lag on the beast even after a 600ms roundtrip latency is added. I think it is safe to say that this takes care of *most* internet latency issues, at least for slower action and RTS games. Unfortunately, I can't interpolate the other player's positions because of the broken Python access to private variables. This will probably be fixed in the next Construct release so it is not that big of a deal.

http://www.box.net/shared/ypq6pdj0mf

Good progress is being made on the tutorial front as well. :D

p.s. I never got any feedback that people couldn't get this to run (besides Tulamide). My guess is that most people testing already had either Python or Visual Studio installed. If you could not get it to run then try running the VC redistributable installer and that should take care of the problem.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:33 pm

Hi. I want a .cap file, please.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Your Creations