Duplicate Layout issue [NO FAULT FOUND]

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Problem Description

When choosing to duplicate a layout and create a new layout from this, the objects within the new layout have the same UID as the original

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 - Right Click on a layout in the object inspector and click duplicate
    • Step 2 - Give the new layout a different name and then check the UIDs for the objects and they will be the same as the original.

__

Expected Result

That the UIDS are unique for the new layout

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10 pro 64bit

Construct 2 Version ID

release 239 (64bit)

• You will need to provide a .capx as requested in the Bug Report Requirements, especially as I have just tested this on r241 and UIDs are definitely unique and not duplicated on new Layout.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You will need to provide a .capx as requested in the Bug Report Requirements, especially as I have just tested this on r241 and UIDs are definitely unique and not duplicated on new Layout.

OK Do I have have access to this version or has this not been released ?

• Can't reproduce: opened a new project, added a text object, then duplicated the layout. The first text object has UID 0 and the second UID 1. No .capx provided so cannot investigate further. Note the r241 download link is right there in the website footer.

• Can't reproduce: opened a new project, added a text object, then duplicated the layout. The first text object has UID 0 and the second UID 1. No .capx provided so cannot investigate further. Note the r241 download link is right there in the website footer.

Hi Ashley

The issue is mainly to do with the fact that naming the objects after they have been duplicate. Yes the UIDs do change eventually but only after a close project and reload but my problem is that when the new UIDs are assinged, when I then change an objects name on the duplicated layout, it still re-names the original objects name as well. I can provide a capx but it will not really clearly show the issue as you need to see it happen as a possed to seeing it after it has happened,

Also if I download the newer build , is there anyway of installing it separatly to the existing build because I could not see an option to do this.

• When I tested it, the new UIDs were assigned immediately. Unless you follow the bug report requirements, I can only conclude it is in fact working correctly.

Duplicating a layout does not duplicate its object types, so it is intentional that renaming an object in one layout affects both.

• Hi Ashley , so there is no easy way to copy an existing layout structure to another layout but name the objects differently ? It is just that I am creating menus with the same "look" about them but the buttons on the menus will be used to open other layouts hence the need to name the buttons differently to identify their actions.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)