Dynamic timescale based on FPS (Enable game slowdown)

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:41 am

I tried to entice Ashley to allow for this - a solid 30 fps on a Samsung S2 would be infinitely better than what I experienced with continual slow-downs and speed-ups. Here's the old thread. The problem was something to do with how C2 ties to the vsync of the display in use... It ultimately proved no good - a non-fixed and on-demand temporary lower framerate was implemented, but that proved just as glitchey as if no remedy had been implemented. It felt like a 1/2 way solution - to lower the framerate ad-hoc if the tick time was longer than a certain value (can't remember the details so apologies if this makes no sense). I imagine that it would require a big re-write of the engine, although I really don't understand why it's not possible to do when Unity and GameMaker manage it without a problem - and they both export to HTML5....
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:12 pm

Hey thanks for the link. Guess I missed the last replies in that thread one way or another.

However Ashley reply is pretty clear. No work will be done on such features in the future do to personal design philosophy. Outside of having real tangible proof by way of code examples for an HTML5 engine. I suspect there will be no budging.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General