Easier scripting access

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:02 am

I think Construct is a fantastic 2D game dev system. I like every aspect of it. There is one area, however, that I wish could be made easier and that is, scripting access. In Unity, for example, scripting is added as a standalone script file that doesn't need manually inserting within the SDK code.
I understand that Construct is primarily intended as a 'no code solution' but be able to add your own scripts easily wouldn't diminish this.

Thank you
B
G

Post » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:17 am

You can build your own plugins for Construct 2, using JavaScript programming language
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:18 am

If you use the search facility, you.ll find that this suggestion comes up regularly.

There is the SDK for those who wish to expand functionality.

Allowing script access would mean a major change and so will more than likely not happen for the foreseeable future - which is a good thing.

There are more than enough scripting-based creation tools out there - C2 is not going to be another one, hoefully.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:24 am

Been asked, been answered never going to happen.

However we have been requesting modularity which would go tremendously farther than inside scripting. Although I don't disagree. Having IDE script modifications would be kinda nice, but honestly the behaviours are so robust most of the time it's not needed.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:40 am

The key word in my original post was 'easier'.
B
G

Return to Construct 2 General