Easier scripting access

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • I think Construct is a fantastic 2D game dev system. I like every aspect of it. There is one area, however, that I wish could be made easier and that is, scripting access. In Unity, for example, scripting is added as a standalone script file that doesn't need manually inserting within the SDK code.

I understand that Construct is primarily intended as a 'no code solution' but be able to add your own scripts easily wouldn't diminish this.

Thank you

• You can build your own plugins for Construct 2, using JavaScript programming language

• If you use the search facility, you.ll find that this suggestion comes up regularly.

There is the SDK for those who wish to expand functionality.

Allowing script access would mean a major change and so will more than likely not happen for the foreseeable future - which is a good thing.

There are more than enough scripting-based creation tools out there - C2 is not going to be another one, hoefully.

• Been asked, been answered never going to happen.

However we have been requesting modularity which would go tremendously farther than inside scripting. Although I don't disagree. Having IDE script modifications would be kinda nice, but honestly the behaviours are so robust most of the time it's not needed.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The key word in my original post was 'easier'.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)