Easier than C2?

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:27 am

Message: OldieSteve can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
zenox98 wrote:
OldieSteve wrote:I would love to see your Jetpac and Manic Miner games. you have a site where I can go peek?

GemX? you mean that Amiga game?

Yea from the Amiga.

Last time I worked on MM was around 2013 - prob on a backup drive somewhere.

I did find a dev build on dropbox that I used for testing different mechanics. See if this works for you:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34306693/ManicMiner/index.html MM test

Wow that's great!!
B
S

Post » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:31 am

@OldieSteve

Hardly :)

The jump isn't quite right, I notice. I recently came across an interview with Mathew Smith - the MM god - and he explains the jumping mechanic in pixel movements, so I'm going to re-visit this soon.

BTW I'll be removing the link soon as it was never meant for public consumption - don't want any letigious action!
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:21 pm

zenox98 wrote:@OldieSteve

Hardly :)

The jump isn't quite right, I notice. I recently came across an interview with Mathew Smith - the MM god - and he explains the jumping mechanic in pixel movements, so I'm going to re-visit this soon.

BTW I'll be removing the link soon as it was never meant for public consumption - don't want any letigious action!

"Hardly"? and you say I'm too hard on myself, I'd be thrilled if I made something like that :P
btw I doubt Matthew would really be bothered about it and I believe neither Software Projects nor BugByte still exist. But I understand what you mean.

btw I guess you can close/lock this now. I think I've realised its C2 or nothing for me. so I'm back at it.
B
S

Post » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:11 am

I am relearning C2 after a few years away.
I have tried rpg maker but you are limited to rpg games.
There are a few game making software programs on steam but they all have their limitations.
My 11year old can solve many of my game making questions.
It looks like I will be settling down here as this doesn't seem too difficult as soon as I figure out where things are. Also, if you plan to publish your games, this seems to be the place to do it.
As for learning slowly, I can understand that. C2 has a benefit that they don't mention. It will help you keep your mind sharp even after you retire.
Did I forget to mention that I am also a bit slow at things at 75? I just never grew up.
You can try those other engines, but I will almost bet you will come back here later. I did.
Ken
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic