Easy editing on layers?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Easy Isometric
$19.99 USD
EasyIsometric behavior helps creating an “isometric” perspective with 2D assets.
  • Hi Guys.

Is there a way to aply a change to all layouts. Lets say i have a sprite on all layers. And if i change the sprite position on layer 1 - can it also be automaticly aplied to the other layouts?

I know about "global" but many of my items are text objects with variables. And i dont want theese variables to continue on the next layers.

So.. any ideas how to make my work a bit easier?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You might want to create a new event sheet you could call 'initialization' and put a

System: on start of Layout
      -> Sprite: set position to (whatyouwantX,whatyouwantY)
      -> any other thing you want to do on start of layout for each layout

And include this in the event sheet of all the layout you want this to happen.

And as Kyat would say: here is the manual entry about event sheet inclusion http://www.scirra.com/manual/82/includes

• Thanks Yann.

i'll try that.

• i have to create the sprites, objects, texts first i guess?

System create ?

or am i wrong? :D

• Creating many objects on "Start of layer" will that slow things down?

• Shouldn't make a significant drop in speed.

There is a little trick i allways use. I have a layer with a loading sprite on, Then i use the system.compare 2 values. Im comparing the FPS, If its over 20 - 25 then start the game.

That way there will be no lag at the beginning that the user would see.

• Damn thats smart smitchell!

Is there an fps plugin? or did i miss it?

Thanks for the tip. Thats clever :D

• I have a layer with a loading sprite on, Then i use the system.compare 2 values. Im comparing the FPS, If its over 20 - 25 then start the game.

That way there will be no lag at the beginning that the user would see.

Could you post an example CAPX for stupids like me?

• smitchell - but im wondering - if they never get to that fps, they cant play the game right? or am i missing something :D?

• Heh good thinking, but if you just create a bunch of sprites on start of layout, first I don't think the fps will drop that much, and second it will just drop like a few miliseconds on start and will be fine afterward.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)