EasyLeaderboard (Plugins)

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • EasyLeaderboard — Now for sale in the Scirra Store!

https://www.scirra.com/store/construct2-plugins/easyleaderboard-4145

<h3>What you buy here?</h3><div class="deshr"></div>

• EasyLeaderboard plugin for C2 & C3

<h3>What is EasyLeaderboard plugin?</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>It's a simple 3-column (position, name, score) leaderboard with customizable appearance. </p><p>All you need to do is set/update the entries (users) with particular score and the plugin will do the rest for you.</p><h3>How it works?</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>First you need to initialize the leaderboard which means: set the number of entries you want to see on the leaderboards, margin between entries, bind fonts, set position and layer.</p><p>Optionally you can set a required user which is a user that will always be drawn on the leaderboard even if it's far away from top entries.</p><p>Then you just set entries which means setting a score for particular user like "Set score 50 for player James". EasyLeaderboard plugin will calculate his score against all other scores in the leaderboard and sort it the right way.</p><h3>Features</h3><div class="deshr"></div>

• Fully customizable appearance
    • Compatible with all text-type objects (Text, SpriteFont, SpriteFont+, etc.)
    • Two sort type modes: Ascending/Descending
    • Top X entries to draw
    • Required User feature
    • Available 3 columns: position, name, score

<h3>Warranty</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>I'm a full-time programmer, in case of encountering any issues, please send me an email, I'll fix it ASAP.</p><h3>Want to be notified about updates?</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>Join my Discord server: discord.gg/cjEg45m%3C/p%3E%3Cp%3Eor my FB: facebook.com/C2C3Plugins%3C/p%3E

Use this topic to leave comments, ask questions and talk about EasyLeaderboard

• A few questions. What sources can I use to store the leaderboard data? Does this work with Cocoon.io and Canvas+? Can I create a leaderboard that is universal across platforms? That is, can iOS players compete against Android and web based players? A lot of questions I know but I do like how the plugin looks. Thanks.

• A few questions. What sources can I use to store the leaderboard data? Does this work with Cocoon.io and Canvas+? Can I create a leaderboard that is universal across platforms? That is, can iOS players compete against Android and web based players? A lot of questions I know but I do like how the plugin looks. Thanks.

Hi rcioffi,

This plugin just draws (and calculate position) based on the data you inject into it. So it's not platform dependent. You can load data from anywhere (local storage, Firebase, MySQL, etc.) and just inject into this plugin.

So it is possible to use it as a cross-platform leaderboard but note that it does not cover storing data to any cloud, that's something you'd have to implement yourself.

• I bought your product, but now I need to know how to save stuff from Easy Leaderboard to localstorage.

• I bought your product, but now I need to know how to save stuff from Easy Leaderboard to localstorage.

This plugin draws the leaderboard, not store. The way you want to store it (whether it is LS, or any other storage) is really dependant on your game and leaderboard so you should get more familiar with Local Storage manual first. Then it will become pretty obvious how you want to store it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You said," This plugin just draws (and calculate position) based on the data you inject into it.". What I'm trying to do is grab those new positions from Easy Leaderboard, or what it has drawn, to store it in the local storage.

• I think I may have an idea on how to do it. Thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)