Editing Tilemap, Change Tile from Image URI

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:46 am

Hello,

I am currently playing with snapshots and have a question on how to utilize this tool. What I want is to have a tilemap object with x number of tiles. And when I take the snapshot use it to change the image of that tile of the tilemap. For sprites I can do this with the Load Image From URL command however I do not see this as an option for tilemaps.

I do see where you can erase a tile, so to me it seems reasonable to allow you to append a tile. And in the process chose a Image while doing so. Or even do so without appending a tile by simply laying over a new image on that tile.

Is this even possible in the current build? First is this something I can request be added to C2, second is there a reasonable way to get what I am trying to do another way?

Thank you for your time.

-EDIT-

Ok so I have been left laying awake for a while and I just thought of a idea to do this and I am writing it here more so I will remember in the morning. Animation Frames. I could have a sprite with a animation with the hundred or so frames containing each image. I can even have different animations for each type of character I wish and leading to a animation for custom characters with x blank frames. I could try having when I take the snapshot change the animation to the custom character one and set the frame to the number slot that I am overwriting.

So if I was saving in the third save slot I would take a snapshot of the portrait. Set the animation of the sprite to the custom animation and set the active frame to 2 and load image form URL for the sprite and then save the sprite to the project file. (Still working on how to do this)

If I have the custom stats assigned in the character creator then I can have my CSV sheet change the value for each in the 3rd row.

I feel optimistic about this now to see if I can get some sleep :|
Last edited by CrazyVulcan on Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Were all mad here. I'm mad, your mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" Asked Alice. "You must be" Said the Cheshire Cat. "Or you wouldn't have come here"-Lewis Carroll: Adventures In Wonderland
B
S

Post » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:30 am

I have run into another problem with tilemap that I hope to find answers. I would like to do basic animation using my tiles. Rotate, transform, scale etc and now find that I can not use tilemaps in this way. I have a tilemap of 80 or so cards that I would like to do things with and with 80 of them a tilemap seemed to be the most efficient way of doing them. As opposed of having 80 sprites which would make just as much lag but with less headache. Is there a plugin that I am not seeing to do this or will I have to result to having a large number of sprites.

Or possibly is there a way to change a sprites image to match a tile on the map? If I could just say Sprite1 = Tilemap.Tile3 that will solve many of my problems but i am unaware of how.

Thanks
"Were all mad here. I'm mad, your mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" Asked Alice. "You must be" Said the Cheshire Cat. "Or you wouldn't have come here"-Lewis Carroll: Adventures In Wonderland
B
S

Return to How do I....?