Editor corruption on high DPI monitor

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Wed May 14, 2014 2:11 pm

Problem Description
Construct 2 Editor not displaying certain dialog windows correctly on High DPI Monitor (2880x1800). I know dropping resolution to 1440x900 is an option, but text is then blurry and causes eye strain.
The Majority of the editor displays very well, however, ADD EVENTS has many items invisible, PARAMETERS dialogue windows are all misaligned, and the SPRITE EDITOR icons are all squashed together.

Attach a Capx
Capx not required but screenshot attached
image.jpg

Description of Capx
Capx not required for this bug report

Steps to Reproduce Bug
Some Dialogues always corrupted. No additional steps required.
ADD EVENTS dialogue, options disappear when the mouse curser hovers over them.

Expected Result
Dialogue boxes to scale correctly.
I believe the dialogue boxes for Parameter inputs can be corrected by increasing the height slightly.

Affected Browsers
Not applicable

Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 8.1 running off Bootcamp on 15" MacBook Pro Retina.

Construct 2 Version ID
168 64bit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B

Post » Wed May 21, 2014 1:17 am

This is also an issue on my shiny new Razer Blade laptop - other apps run great at native resolution with UI elements set to 200% (similar to Retina mode on MacBook Pro), but I have to reset resolution back to 1600x900 and change UI scaling back to 100% to run Construct 2. I don't mind the resolution switch too much, but resetting the UI scaling requires logging out/in.

I think the fix is basically to just have Construct 2 properly respect the UI scaling?
B
S

Post » Thu May 22, 2014 1:17 pm

Should be fixed in next build.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs