Editor extensions

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • By reading the sdk guide it seems that it's not possible to extend the editor. Like create a new window, draw to it, add functionality, play with objects in your project, etc.

One example of this would be extending the current tilemap solution to include auto tiling with custom brushes and whatnot. fundamentally an editor feature.

If this can't be done, is this planned at any point?

Maybe after the new runtime is released?

Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes, it would be great to have a hex-based tilemap for instance.

• Ashley It would be great to know if this is coming. In the ideas site you seemed to have mentioned an 'editor sdk' that would allow exporting items.

It would be great to be able to export tilemaps as json data, for instance, and import it as needed. Maybe even at run time, with user generated content.

I really hope with the new C3 runtime you guys open construct(runtime and editor) more to developers, so they can build solutions around it, like in Unity.

• It's a great idea, but the API surface is huge and it could potentially take months to develop to a useful point. Given we only have three developers and have hundreds of other feature requests while also dealing with thousands of bugs, I'm not sure we'll have the development bandwidth to take this on at this time. I guess it's more of a long-term idea.

• I'm curious what's the current possibilities in edittime.

Let's say you want to create a new object type. Like a 9 patch, sprite, or something similar.

* Can you have custom handles for manipulation?

* Can you draw shapes and bounding boxes that will show up in the editor for a new object type?

For example.: The Particles plugin spray cone has red lines to represent the cone angle.

Would it be possible to create a plugin that does something like this? where you can manipulate handles?

• wow

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)