Educational Game Drag and Drop

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:19 am

Hi guys,
Below is a snapshot which shows what I need I'm trying to teach adjectives (converted from nouns) and I would like to make a game which allow visitors to drag and drop the word from the right to the left empty boxes. When there is a match, a green check mark will appear. It would be great if it uses xml files to get the list of words. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B

Post » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:47 pm

Any help is appreciated.
B

Post » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:07 pm

You might get a better response in the "How do I ?" section of the forum ?
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:09 pm

xmlMatching.capx

note that for simplicity you can only have 5 "question" at a time. Also, by just inverting noun and adjective in the xpath you can have the opposite exercise (match noun to adjectives)
Last edited by Yann on Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:01 pm

Thanks a lot Yann, this is a great help and made many things possible now for us. I really appreciate it. I love the way it looks too. One question, this test was for "adjectives", is it possible to add a link on top, saying "adverbs"? when the person clicks on "adverbs", they will see the same template but with adverbs instead. It will use the same xml code. To distinguish between the adjectives and adverbs "pair2" instead of "pair" can be used inside the xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<pairs>
<pair>
<noun>Beauty</noun>
<adjective>Beautiful</adjective>
</pair>
<pair>
<noun>Ease</noun>
<adjective>Easy</adjective>
</pair>
<pair>
<noun>Juice</noun>
<adjective>Juicy</adjective>
</pair>
<pair>
<noun>Strength</noun>
<adjective>Strong</adjective>
</pair>
<pair>
<noun>Nature</noun>
<adjective>Natural</adjective>
</pair>
<pair2>
<noun>Mathematics</noun>
<adjective>Mathematically</adjective>
</pair2>
<pair2>
<noun>Practice</noun>
<adjective>Practically</adjective>
</pair2>
<pair2>
<noun>Actual</noun>
<adjective>Actually</adjective>
</pair2>
<pair2>Quick</noun>
<adjective>Quickly</adjective>
</pair2>
<pair2>
<noun>Slow</noun>
<adjective>Slowly</adjective>
</pair2>
</pairs>
B

Post » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:56 pm

yes it is possible (with a button rather than a link)

Though I would either load another xml for the adverbs.
Just restarting the layout and loading another xml would probably be easier for you

If you really want to put everything in the same xml, you should at least have a structure that makes more sense.
Like:

Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<definitions>
  <adjectives>   
    <pair>
      <noun>Beauty</noun>
      <adjective>Beautiful</adjective>
    </pair>   
    <pair>
      <noun>Ease</noun>
      <adjective>Easy</adjective>
    </pair>
  </adjectives>
  <adverbs>   
    <pair>
      <noun>Mathematics</noun>
      <adverb>Mathematically</adverb>
    </pair>   
    <pair>
      <noun>Practice</noun>
      <adverb>Practically</adverb>
    </pair>
 </adverbs>
</definitions>
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:03 pm

So I just copy the whole Layout 1 and paste it into a Layout 2? Then add a button to the first layout and link it to the second layout? What about event sheet 1? Do I copy it as well and create a new event sheet 2 page? I will try to use your xml suggestion which has the new structure, but under one xml (since I prefer having them both under one xml file).
B

Post » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:20 am

If the above is too much. Can you tell me how to add a check mark (green check mark) for the questions which are correct after validation. So that the person will be able to know which question was right. So that they can only fix the wrong choices. Thank you for your help!!!
B

Post » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:39 pm

You just need to create a sprite whenever the check for the answer is correct.
Modified capx attached, that is just to show you when to create it. Remember to deleted when not needed anymore.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please tag me with @caiorosisca if your post is refering to me :). I don't always follow the topics I answer.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:57 pm

Thanks!! This works great. I really appreciate it! Is there a way I can add a button to Reset everything back to how it was. So that the person can try again? Thanks a lot both Yann and caiorosisca.
B

Next

Return to How do I....?