Educational subscription price adjustments 1st July

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Connect the dots in the correct order and draw happy animals!
  • Hello,

On the 1st of July we will be raising the price of an Educational Subscription.

If you currently have a subscription with us, you will NOT be charged more and will remain paying the amount you are currently paying! However if you cancel and wish to resubscribe, you will have to pay the adjusted amounts.

New prices:

USD

Yearly: $359.99

Monthly: $49.99

Take home monthly: $1.99

Take home yearly: $19.99

GBP

Yearly: £239.99

Monthly: £32.99

Take home monthly: £1.49

Take home yearly: £14.99

EUR

Yearly: €339.99

Monthly: €44.99

Take home monthly: €1.99

Take home yearly: €19.99

VAT is added on top where necessary.

• I have a C2 personal licence, but it I were to run a program at a school the Yearly: $359.99 covers how many computers?

• BurningWood unlimited computers and users at one named physical location (for example the school itself).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can the free version of C2 and C3 be used for education if the features it provides are sufficient after the change, or a subscription will be required for class use?

• Can the free version of C2 and C3 be used for education if the features it provides are sufficient after the change, or a subscription will be required for class use?

I am also interested in this question, could somebody clarify this please?

• If the subscription is yearly, why am I told that I have to pay for a multi-year contract? Seems a bit unfair, considering non-educational can pay by the single year. My school district pays one year at a time, that's just how they function.

• when I choose monthly for 6 people it tells me the price is 56.93 euros per month, shouldn't it be 1.99 * 6 = ~12 euros per month? how come 56.93?

• Is the pricing correct?!

For us to run this with our Year 10 & 11 Digital Technologies students it now costs $3233 AUD while Construct 2 cost ~$450. More than a 700% price increase.

It was a good program but at this cost there is no way I can justify it at this cost.

• [...]It was a good program but at this cost there is no way I can justify it.

It's like they're trying to be the Activision of game engines.

• teacherjoe: If you are trying to pay through Purchase Order than the minimum order is for three years. Otherwise, subscription is indeed yearly or monthly.

FlorianF: It looks like you are thinking you can only order Take Home licenses which is untrue. In order to be able to order Take Home licenses you need first and foremost a On Site license on top of which you can order Take-Home Licenses. View the education FAQ.

sletts: Are you sure you are writing in the correct topic ?

Those prices for C2 education have been set back in 2015, it's not a "sudden change" and a yearly subscription for a site-wide license is still the same price.

It sounds like you are talking about C3 pricing possibly. Although C3 system is far different from C2 so it may be confusing.

C3 is based on concurent seats you can assign/unassign.

You can read more on how it actually works in this page and this other one.

TRMG: Uneducated and irrelevant answer.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)