[Effect] 2.5D Platformer

Share your Construct 2 effect files

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:18 am

This is very cool. Does it simply map the game to a plain or cube? or can you produce a scene like this http://sprite3d.minimal.be/Box/ for example?
B
43
S
23
G
20
Posts: 735
Reputation: 12,027

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:56 am

Ethan wrote:This is very cool. Does it simply map the game to a plain or cube? or can you produce a scene like this http://sprite3d.minimal.be/Box/ for example?

I know this, I had decided to do this in the past but it use CSS3 fx ... you can see one of my démo somewhere in this forum; mario-kart css3 démo... here : http://gigatron3k.free.fr/html5/C2/plugin/mario/
Working with Chrome... cause CSS3 api is much advanced than Firefox.

@Ethan Yes you can, you must set the correct parameters.. this fx have much more capabilities i think..
From 2d to 2.5d and 3d of course.. you must play with params...
Not really good .. but you must assemble correctly the boxes; and then you can use 3 different faces like
1 for X 1 for Y 1 for Z. This mean 1 for left-right side, 1 for up-down and 1 for Near Far Z-depth face.
here a quick example :
http://gigatron3k.free.fr/html5/C2/cartons
Last edited by Gigatron on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://gigatron3k.free.fr/Intro/

https://www.shadertoy.com/user/gigatron

https://twitter.com/realistquantum

Ezekiel 1-4 ; ufo landing explanation ..

CONSTRUCT 2 THE ONLY FAST WAY TO HTML5

Image
B
61
S
20
G
29
Posts: 815
Reputation: 22,093

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:39 am

Gigatron by chance have still got CAPX? if yes I would love to see it and if not it's OK. Wonderful demo I say. Checking for collisions is bad in demo but, still very well done. Thanks Gigatron

mario-kart css3 démo... here : http://gigatron3k.free.fr/html5/C2/plugin/mario/
Working with Chrome... cause CSS3 api is much advanced than Firefox.
B
249
S
39
G
15
Posts: 1,952
Reputation: 40,579

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:08 am

Lordshiva1948 wrote:Gigatron by chance have still got CAPX? if yes I would love to see it and if not it's OK. Wonderful demo I say. Checking for collisions is bad in demo but, still very well done. Thanks Gigatron

mario-kart css3 démo... here : http://gigatron3k.free.fr/html5/C2/plugin/mario/
Working with Chrome... cause CSS3 api is much advanced than Firefox.


@Lordshiva1948
Really sorry, this is a plugin i worked in the past and trust me it's not exploitable yet, but be sure
when CSS3 is correctly working then i can rework this plugin... if off course Construct3 will not do for me :)

Regards
http://gigatron3k.free.fr/Intro/

https://www.shadertoy.com/user/gigatron

https://twitter.com/realistquantum

Ezekiel 1-4 ; ufo landing explanation ..

CONSTRUCT 2 THE ONLY FAST WAY TO HTML5

Image
B
61
S
20
G
29
Posts: 815
Reputation: 22,093

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:26 pm

Gigatron Thanks for reply son, many would not reply. Many thanks
B
249
S
39
G
15
Posts: 1,952
Reputation: 40,579

Post » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:52 am

its possible to add other texture to each side of block?
B
109
S
26
G
46
Posts: 1,886
Reputation: 35,168

Post » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:18 am

delgado wrote:its possible to add other texture to each side of block?

@delgado

With some technical,.. yes .. read this post please.

Regards
http://gigatron3k.free.fr/Intro/

https://www.shadertoy.com/user/gigatron

https://twitter.com/realistquantum

Ezekiel 1-4 ; ufo landing explanation ..

CONSTRUCT 2 THE ONLY FAST WAY TO HTML5

Image
B
61
S
20
G
29
Posts: 815
Reputation: 22,093

Post » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:36 am

@Gigatron

Hello!!!
...when i open your capx i get following FX missing:
*rays rotation fx
*running fx
*Yuv rotation fx
where to download them?

tnx!
B
26
S
11
G
2
Posts: 669
Reputation: 5,038

Post » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:39 pm

irina wrote:@Gigatron

Hello!!!
...when i open your capx i get following FX missing:
*rays rotation fx
*running fx
*Yuv rotation fx
where to download them?

tnx!


@irina

Download this one please : http://gigatron3k.free.fr/html5/C2/25dc ... city2.capx
http://gigatron3k.free.fr/Intro/

https://www.shadertoy.com/user/gigatron

https://twitter.com/realistquantum

Ezekiel 1-4 ; ufo landing explanation ..

CONSTRUCT 2 THE ONLY FAST WAY TO HTML5

Image
B
61
S
20
G
29
Posts: 815
Reputation: 22,093

Post » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:20 pm

@Gigatron
its ok now...
one question... how can i make objects to have rooftop sprite on rooftop place and sides to have wall sprite?
tnx!
B
26
S
11
G
2
Posts: 669
Reputation: 5,038

PreviousNext

Return to Effects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests