[Effect] Alpha Threshold

Share your Construct 2 effect files

Post » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:13 am

what is (black to alpha )and how i get this effect ?
B

Post » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:30 am

i open capx file but they show warning please install (black to alpha yann gragino) but i already install this effect but . not working. and i download and i download alpha threshold form this link . but effect not working still show warning you need (black to alpha yann gragino. please inbox me the solution
B

Post » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:57 am

@mrSingh

mrSingh wrote:i open capx file but they show warning please install (black to alpha yann gragino) but i already install this effect but . not working. and i download and i download alpha threshold form this link . but effect not working still show warning you need (black to alpha yann gragino. please inbox me the solution

You need to install the 2 effect files, as mentioned in the Oringinal Post.

Download the "Download Effect" zip file and unzip the file. Place the 2 files - "alphathreshold.fx" and "alphathreshold.xml" - into the Construc2 Effects folder, usually located at "C:\Program Files\Construct 2\effects".
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:26 am

i already download these "alphathreshold.fx" and "alphathreshold.xml" effects and also paste in effects folder. but not working . construct 2always show warning
B

Post » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:39 am

@mrSingh

I'm not getting any error - works fine for me.

I've also unpacked the .capx to check if there are any other non-standard effects in the project but as you can see from the attached, there is only the one non-standard and 2 standard effects.
There is no reference to "black to alpha yann gragino".

Code: Select all
    <used-effects>
        <effect author="Paulo Ricardo Reinehr" id="prralphathreshold">Alpha Threshold</effect>
        <effect author="Scirra" id="blurvertical">Blur Vertical</effect>
        <effect author="Scirra" id="inverse">Inverse</effect>
        <effect author="Scirra" id="blurhorizontal">Blur Horizontal</effect>
    </used-effects>

What version of C2 are you using?
What is your OS?
What browser are you testing on?

Can you upload a link to the .capx? (you can bypass posting URL restriction by inserting a couple of spaces within the start of the URL).

This will be quickest way to see what the problem is.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:36 pm

Thanks for the effect @Animmaniac... I was wondering would it be possible to set the opacity for the water?
B

Post » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:47 pm

mrSingh wrote:i open capx file but they show warning please install (black to alpha yann gragino) but i already install this effect but . not working. and i download and i download alpha threshold form this link . but effect not working still show warning you need (black to alpha yann gragino. please inbox me the solution

Are you sure you are opening the demo capx provided on this topic?
From what you describe it seems you are trying to open another capx, probably from someone's else tutorial or something. My demo doesn't use any "black to alpha" effect.

desasteraang wrote:Thanks for the effect @Animmaniac... I was wondering would it be possible to set the opacity for the water?

Not yet, I need to modify the shader to include this feature.
Scirra Employee
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:52 am

Great plugin @Animmaniac ! I'm using it as 'liquid spilling' for my game and it looks NEAT!
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:53 pm

Awesome! wow nice I like it
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:27 pm

How do I change the pink color to something else ?
B

PreviousNext

Return to Effects