[EFFECT] - GS #5 Planet Generator

Share your Construct 2 effect files

Post » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:16 am

@necromaster Looks very nice indeed. However, I had some problems.

I downloaded the demo capx. It works for Firefox but blows up when opening in Chrome.

v 168 of C2 - some sort of assertion error. I can do a screenshot if you want to have a look.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:46 pm

i can't belive that this was exactly what i was looking for... just take my money, o it's free... then take a hug and my love!!
B
S

Post » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:46 am

@kingpirux can you tell me how did you do to use this effect? Every time I try the planet shows cutted or bad positioned.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:01 pm

@thegodo the problem is that this plugin only shows a planet floating in the center of the layout, so if you want to see the planet in the center of the screen you have to use a layout with that size. The other problem is that the plugin doens't allow any other configuration than the generator, that means you can't move the planet, you can't place it where you want, and you can't tell it the size of the planet.

Basically is to have a very fancy background
B
S

Post » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:39 pm

@kingpirux ahhhhmmm... I thought about that, but with hope in somebody's experience, who could tell me more about it.
Anyway, thank you Kingpirux.

Actually, only way to have a planet in orbit is using Rotate behavior, or have a multiple frame for an animated sprite, which consumes more memory with almost 100 frames per planet. I have no idea about other ways.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:40 pm

Message: kingpirux can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
@thegodo actually that depends on you quality, because a planet rotating could use only 16 frames :P here is a trick in gimp https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QddvDObYonk
B
S

Post » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:02 pm

@kingpirux

I've seen that trick before. Problem is:
1- (as you said) quality doesn't reach level I am looking for
2- a planet that orbit at a realistic velocity needs so much more than 16 frames. If you set the animation speed to a low framerate, you'll only be able to see a lagged planet jumping from a frame to next one. With only 16 o even 50 frames, you should set the frame rate at high values for not to obtain a bad animation.

If you think about any kind of good solution, please, let me know ;)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:51 pm

very nice effect. Too bad we can not customize it (move, size, precise position)
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:47 pm

@thegodo the only think i can think right now, is a trick with layers, one layer have the effect of "clouds" and those clouds moving in one direction endless (like a runner), and this layer with a fusion effect that only shows up in the planets, so it will create the illusion of the planet rotating (actually moving), to increase that effect add the sphere effect and you should have something... :I idnt know i just invented, guess have to try it...
B
S

Post » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:29 pm

So, is it possible by now to actually use this to generate positioned/scaled planets? If not, does anyone know other ways to achieve this?
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Effects