[Effect] mode7

Share your Construct 2 effect files

Post » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:09 pm

spacedoubt wrote:I've been having a lot of fun with this amazing effect!

I've got a question. If I'm using the effect on an entire layer, is there a way to avoid having it repeat infinitely on the edges?

Yes, there's an edit you can make to the file, I forgot where exactly, r0j0 does mention this in the topic somewhere, and I think you have to hack it by duplicating the X and Y code redundantly and setting one of the X's off/Y's on and on the other setting the X on and the Y off. Hang on, I might have the file...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:26 am

@Zebbi I appreciate that, but it did not solve it. I think I'm actually already using the edited file. I think I used it to stop repeat on another project with no horizon, but this one has a horizon, and just above the horizon, I can see the layer repeating.. There is some distance between, maybe I just need to tweak the settings some more...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:49 pm

spacedoubt wrote:@Zebbi I appreciate that, but it did not solve it. I think I'm actually already using the edited file. I think I used it to stop repeat on another project with no horizon, but this one has a horizon, and just above the horizon, I can see the layer repeating.. There is some distance between, maybe I just need to tweak the settings some more...

Yes, there is a quite a lot of tweak to get things to align just right, if I recall.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Effects