[Effects] Suite of Effects alpha release.

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Collection of security plugins for web/html5 export on construct 3
  • Okay, here is the alpha release of the effect suite I'm working on.

Feedback is very much welcome, as are any questions.

I'll be releasing effect demos, in both .cap and .exe form, for the other effects soon.

<font color="blue">Download:</font>

Fisholith Effects - alpha 1 - 111111.zip

(The "111111" is the date.)

<font color="blue">Effect Demos (compiled):</font>

Download - Bias Gain demo app

(more to come)

<font color="blue">Installation:</font>

Unzip the ".fx" files and place them in the following folder, (depending on your OS).

XP: C:\Program Files\Scirra\Construct Classic\Effects

Vista & 7 x64: C:\Program Files (x86)\Scirra\Construct Classic\Effects

<font color="blue">Effect naming:</font>

"!fi -"

For the alpha releases, all effect names start with "!fi -". This is because when I work on them, it's much easier to have them sort to the top, and stay in a group. I hope this isn't too inconvenient for anyone for the time being.

"RGB"

Effects with names ending in RGB give individual control over the Red, Green, and Blue channels.

<font color="blue">Effect Instructions:</font>

I'll be releasing more detailed instructions in the future, but for now, each effect has some built-in documentation which should help out.

Effect Descriptions:

When adding a new effect from the effect list, the description of the selected effect can be seen in a gray box at the bottom of the effect list window. If a description doesn't quite fit in the box, then you can always stretch the window wider to read all of it.

Effect Parameter Descriptions:

When you add an effect to an object, and edit the effect parameters in the Property panel, clicking on one of the parameters to edit it's value causes a gray box at the very bottom of the Property panel to show a description of that parameter. I've tried to make the parameter descriptions pretty helpful. They will often explain what the parameter does, what to expect from specific example values, and the valid range (e.g. 0.0 to 1.0) and type (integer or decimal) of values.

For parameters that are integer menus, (e.g. 0 = off, and 1 = on.), the parameter descriptions will list the available menu options, and their effects.

e.g.

[0] = Normal blend.   [1] = Add blend.   [2] = Multiply blend.

<font color="blue">Effect List:</font>

Additive Bidirectional RGB

Additive Bidirectional

Bias Gain

Bias RGB

Bias

Bit Crusher RGB

Channel Invert

Channel Reassignment

Channel Select RGBA for BG

Channel Select RGBA

Channel Wrench

Compose RGBA Tiles Stretch

Compose RGBA Tiles

Dither Map Bit Crusher RGB

Dither Map Gen 8x8

Dither Map Posterize RGB

Elevation Gradient Chromatic

Elevation Gradient

Gain

Global Variable Texture Viewer

Grayscale to Opacity Gamma Aware

Grayscale to Opacity

Pixel Noise

Posterize RGB f3

Posterize RGB

RGB2HLS

Scan Line Tool

Solarize RGB

Solarize

Threshold RGB

Threshold Soft Color

Threshold Soft

Threshold

Use Background via Alpha Mask

Use Background via Bounding Box Mask

• Wow! thanks for sharing.The effects are fantastic ,keep up the good work.

• World Of Wowcraft! Big list of effects, I like there is a short description for each effect. Thank you.

• This is seriously neat and your demo App looks very nice. Pretty sure this will come in handy once I get back to CC.

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks everyone. :D

Definitely let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. I'm all ears.

Also, there are descriptions of all the effect parameters available as well. I just added a new "Effect Instructions" section to my top post describing where you can find these descriptions.

(I'm also including that new section below for convenience.)

<font color=blue>Effect Instructions:</font>

I'll be releasing more detailed instructions in the future, but for now, each effect has some built-in documentation which should help out.

Effect Descriptions:

When adding a new effect from the effect list, the description of the selected effect can be seen in a gray box at the bottom of the effect list window. If a description doesn't quite fit in the box, then you can always stretch the window wider to read all of it.

Effect Parameter Descriptions:

When you add an effect to an object, and edit the effect parameters in the Property panel, clicking on one of the parameters to edit it's value causes a gray box at the very bottom of the Property panel to show a description of that parameter. I've tried to make the parameter descriptions pretty helpful. They will often explain what the parameter does, what to expect from specific example values, and the valid range (e.g. 0.0 to 1.0) and type (integer or decimal) of values.

For parameters that are integer menus, (e.g. 0 = off, and 1 = on.), the parameter descriptions will list the available menu options, and their effects.

e.g.

[0] = Normal blend.   [1] = Add blend.   [2] = Multiply blend.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)