[Effects] Suite of Effects in development.

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
You can become a REAL game developer. Learn the basics and get resources that will let you get profits from your game!
  • Hi everyone,

I'm planning on building and releasing a suite of Construct Effects (Shaders) over the next little while.

I still have a fair bit of work to go, but with luck I'll be releasing an alpha version of the set shortly. At this point, I mainly need to finish off a few more Effects, and then fill in the documentation for the parameters and such.

Presently I have a little over 20, Effects, ranging from tone manipulations like soft threshold, bias, and gain, to more special case effects like a fairly flexible scan line generator.

Once the first version is released, if anyone is interested in testing out the effects in that alpha version and giving me feedback on things I might need to fix and the like, any such help would be much appreciated. :)

Anyway, I'm hoping to release the first alpha-ish version of the actual .fx files in the next few days. I also want to put together some interactive visual demos of the Effects, but I'll probably start doing most of that after the first alpha release.

I did build a demo for the "Bias Gain" Effect, just to kind of rough out the style I'll probably use for the other demos. You can get a copy of the compiled demo from the link below, to get an idea of the kind of stuff I'm working towards. If you have time, let me know what you think. :)

Download - Bias Gain demo app

(I'm interested in making the demo apps resizable eventually, but the prototype at the link above has a fixed size of 1024x768.)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Looking good.

• Thanks Noga.

I'm hoping to get the alpha release done sometime within the next week. Ideally in the next few days. Anyway, I appreciate the feedback. It always helps to know there's interest out there. :)

• Wow, that's brutal :)

• Thanks Angelo.

I'm nearing completion of the first release. I was hoping to have the alpha out last Thursday, but I had to put working on it on hold for a few days. I'm hoping to have it available by this Friday, or sooner if I'm able.

Thanks again guys. :)

Let me know if you have any requests by the way, with respect to effects or demos. I don't know If I'll have time to implement them in the first release, but any feedback helps.

<font color="purple">EDIT:

Still hoping to get it released this Friday (technically today). I've gotten quite a bit more done, so with any luck I'll have it ready shortly.</font>

<font color="blue">EDIT 2:

Alpha version 1.0 is now available :)

</font>

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)