Effects with layouts

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Ey there, Ive a question about effects in layouts (or maybe, a suggestion for future releases).

Is there any way of disabling effects for layouts when Im working on the project? I mean, imagine I have a layout with 5 effects. I control them and their parameters via an eventsheet, but, in the layout editor, I see all of them enabled and combined, so I cant see anything else than black shadows over more black shadows.

Sorry if the explanation isnt so clear, if so, tell me and I will try to explain it in another way.

As always, thanks for all guys :).
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:31 pm

You can temporarily disable WebGL in project properties. However this will also disable the effects in the game. I think we need to add a 'preview effects' option...
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:45 pm

Oh! Thats true! I forgot about that option! Thanks man, that makes my work much easier :D.

I think, as you say, a "webgl preview" checkbox would be nice, but I think its very easy to work enabling and disabling webgl effects from project properties.
In my case, Ive tested my webgl effects, and some options will be available from games options menu, so, I dont mind to have the effects disabled for now.

Thanks! (and wow, that was fast response too :))
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General