Ejecta Thread

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:19 pm

Just came across this, looks pretty interesting.
Since its free to use & seems to work ok, why doesn't C2 "officially" suppport it?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:59 am

[QUOTE=darkstar] Sounds like you haven't copied the index.js file to the APP folder or you haven't run the (EjectaXporter_2d.bat) fnr to reaplace all the objects in the c2runtime.js file[/QUOTE]

I have exactly the same error:

XCode says "No Issues" but I just get a black screen after the Ejecta startup screen.

My log says:

ReferenceError: Can't find variable: jQuery at line 14733 in c2runtime.js

I copied index.js to my App folder and I ran the batch file - just as the tutorial tells me here: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/627/how-to-export-to-ios-with-ejecta

Any ideas?
B

Post » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:31 am

this ejecta thing looks nice :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:25 pm

How to protect the code??
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:39 am

Might be some of the new construct2 updates that broke something in the exporter. I'm in the process of publishing a new game on Ejecta so I'll take a look at it. Just be patient guys.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:00 am

@weisdaclick just "compiled" my new game, all working.

You must be using a plugin that uses jquery. There is NO WAY to use jquery with Ejecta, not now not never.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:48 am

@0plus1

I have just compiled the game I made using Ejecta. All is working well and performance is awesome especially on the iPhone 5 :)

I do have some questions, hopefully you can help me out.

1. Do you suffer from any performance loss each time you exit to iOS main menu and back again into your game? (without quitting the game itself). For mine I noticed it wasn't as smooth as when I first launch the game.

2. How do you go about fixing the different screen ratio sizes between iPhone 4/4s and 5? I created my game with iPhone 5 in mind, so when I tried it on the iphone 4 it scaled with black bars on the side.

Thanks in advance.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:45 pm

@flipboxgames yeah, speed is amazing in Ejecta, is waaaay faster than cocoonJS, especially with the last updates.

1) I never noticed that, are you using:

document.addEventListener('pageshow', function() {
    cr_setSuspended(false);
});
document.addEventListener('pagehide', function() {
    cr_setSuspended(true);
})

I'll test it and report.

As for the screen sizes that is not an Ejecta related issue, I made my own scaling library which basically stretches the background to the window size, there are threads about this, every game is different, you might want to just stretch the background and keep the action in the center or to move around content based according to the aspect ratio. But this is completely off topic, I suggest you either search or open a new topic because it's a very long topic to discuss.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:21 pm

@flipboxgames

Maybe this will help you, info from Ejecta author:

This will stretch the canvas over the whole screen, regardless of
its internal resolution:

canvas.style.width = window.innerWidth;
canvas.style.height = window.innerHeight;

It's in the documentation:
http://impactjs.com/ejecta/overview#the-canvas-element
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:11 pm

Wow, Ejecta is getting better and better every day. @0plus1 has done a great job on the unofficial exporter . Too bad I had to cancel my apple dev account ( had a second kid, no time for hobby programming) . Great work everybody! Hopefully this will become an official exporter when I come back to the apple dev program.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General