Ejecta Thread

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:01 am

@retrodude
Ejecta already works, I have a published game on the appstore wrapped in Ejecta, at the moment is the only way to get Game Center leaderboard and achivements on iOS.

There is still to experiment in the field of webGL, but it's currently working as much (and probably better) than CocoonJS.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:08 pm

[QUOTE=0plus1] @retrodude
Ejecta already works, I have a published game on the appstore wrapped in Ejecta, at the moment is the only way to get Game Center leaderboard and achivements on iOS.

There is still to experiment in the field of webGL, but it's currently working as much (and probably better) than CocoonJS.[/QUOTE]

Webgl definitely makes games look more aesthetically appealing but I'm not too concerned about fully implementing it into mobile phone apps yet.
Also congratulations on getting your game fully uploaded its good to hear you were successful in using Ejecta. The problem is, does it support both android and IOS? Or just IOS? Also does Ejecta have its own splash screen that appears near the beginning of the exported app like Cocoonjs? The splash screen is the only thing that's currently turning me off from cocoonjs.

Hopefully once cocoonjs gets its premium service we can remove the splashscreen.retrodude2013-07-03 22:19:33
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:50 am

@retrodude

Sadly Ejecta is not available on Android (and I'm inclined to think it'll never will).
There are no splashes or anything of that kind forced, you have the full source code which is why Ejecta really stands out, if you need a feature you can easily implement it yourself if you know Obj-c. The community is really active and there are some cool features being implemented by the users, recently there was a commit that crypts the game files (which in Ejecta and in CocoonJS can be unpacked and stolen by a malicious third party).

I would like to use cocoonJS for the cross platform capabilites, but the updates are too slow, undocumented and lacking, right now Ejecta is the only way to go on iOS in my humble opinion.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:50 am

thank you a LOT @0plus1, thanks to you Ive exported sucessfuly my game to the iphone and its running flawlesly(cocoonjs was giving me a lot of headaches) ;]
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:40 am

any chance of implementing iads and further in app purchases to the plugin? ;]
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:15 pm

@0plus1

How to use Ejecta? I follow the tip on GitHub.And build IPA file running on iphone4s,but after logo screen there was on only black screen.Did i miss something?
Is there some detailed tutorials to know how to use Ejecta.

Thanks in advance.

I was so impatient on waiting for the cocoonjs update.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:10 pm

@nofish
1 - Download ejecta, ejecta plugin by 0plus1 and fnr http://findandreplace.codeplex.com/
2 - Plugin goes into exporters folder. Use it as you seen fit.
3 - Export your game WITHOUT minimizing to HTML5 default
4 - After that go to the export folder. Place fnr.exe here and the EjectaXporter_2d.bat found inside _exporters folder.
5 - Run the bat, wait for it to end.
6 - Copy the following files
Media Directory
Images directory
c2runtime.js
loadinglogo.png
7 - Extract the ejecta main file. Paste the copied files inside the App folder.
8 - In the XCODE project, change your build id. If you need to change the orientation DONT change using the XCODE default, it will bug. Instead, go to Resources > Info.plist and set the Initial Interface Orientation to the one you need.
9 - Set all the other silly xcode stuff.
10 - Build! ;D

Im still trying to make IAP work, does anyone know how to create a product inside sandbox?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:17 am

Thanks a lot! It works.

3 - Export your game WITHOUT minimizing to HTML5 default

I export minimizing HTML5 file cause that issue.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:35 pm

Im glad it helped! If you figure out a way of doing inn app purchases in the sandbox mode, please tell me ;]
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:09 pm

@0plus1 @sheepy I am developing my first iOS game. I've been doing a lot of reading but wanted to get opinions from people who have actually done it. Initially I am just aiming to have it work well with the iphone and I was wondering what you both did for setting up margins and layout size for your apps. Did you start the margin with the iphone 5 screen size of 6401136 or use the smaller size of the iphone 4s at 640x960? I have read the tutorials for developing for multiple screen sizes but was just wondering if you had any pointers that you found about HUD placement and what to expect between the multiple screen sizes and if you ran into any problems. Also I've read that you have to provide retina and unretina size art when developing games. Is that true in your experience or does construct take care of resizing artwork depending on the iphone/ipad using the app. Thank you for any incite!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General