EjectaGL - WebGL for iOS

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:03 pm

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Currently Ejecta supports DeviceMotion events. Not sure if that can be a replacement for device orientation. Also I think Dominic is working on adding support to the missing features in Canvas and a more complete version should be up soon.

In any case the cool thing about Ejecta is that it's open source and I hope that will make it more flexible than the other options. Personally I am excited to be able to get Construct2 games on to Ejecta - And would be happy to work with you into adding missing features (as soon as I finish a first pass of the WebGL bindings)
B

Post » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:16 am

[QUOTE=Ashley] IIf it already supports AJAX and Game Center, and it gets a working WebGL, then it's a pretty interesting option. TBH I'm getting a little frustrated by slow progress from appMobi and Ludei on all three of those, so adding optional support for Ejecta would be nice.
Still, potentially promising...[/QUOTE]

Is this looking like a real potential option? I've been looking into the IAP and Ad stuff for CocoonJS and it's been rather frustrating. A new potential option would be nice, but then again I don't know if it'd become a new waiting game for features of new export option.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:19 am

Hey Ashley,
Here is an update on the WebGL implementation on Ejecta. The Rain Demo is fully functional on Ejecta - after minimal hacking to c2runtime.js.

Here is the Rain Demo running at 6-7 FPS on an iPhone 4S (retina display) but graphically fully functional. The game doesn't have touch control so not much to play yet.

It should be fairly easy to target Ejecta if you wanted to. I manually copied the files from my Windows Machine to Mac, dropped into an Ejecta project, created an index.js which is just

ejecta.include("c2runtime.js");
    cr_createRuntime("canvas");

Hacked c2runtime.js(Dropped it here if anyone wants to check it out) a bit to work with Ejecta and that was it.

Quick video I made of the game running on a iPhone 4S - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfBzwZvqHRI
B

Post » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:21 pm

@vikerman - that's pretty cool, but unless it's a real browser engine it's going to be a big headache to support, and it's missing a cloud compilation system like Ludei have. I'm not sure we could officially support it since then we'd be obliged to fix all the quirks and issues that crop up, but if it works unofficially then you can still go ahead and use it!
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:41 pm

@vikerman : very nice video. Did you add a comment to the lines you changed in c2runtime.js so that we can find them, or should I just do a diff on them?

Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:56 pm

Please @Ashley support Ejecta. Construct 2 misses real games for mobile to showcase and there are lots of people sitting on them unable to publish for performance issues. Not everybody needs a cloud compilation, there are people with a mac mini able to compile this stuff themselves. Put it as an advanced option, experimental or whatever beause it actually works already and Ludei is promising updates that never comes, meanwhile Ejecta gets updated weekly.

So far the only real issue with Ejecta is the loading screen that doesn't work.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:25 pm

@juantar: It's just a proof of concept. I just hacked it till it worked - So just do a diff.

@Ashley - I totally understand. I haven't gone through the full plugin documentation. Will it be possible for me to write a plugin for an Ejecta export? Maybe I or anyone else interested can just maintain an unofficial plugin.
B

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General