[Ended][Suggestion] Reset all but some global variables

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:26 pm

Ashley wrote:The features suggested here sound an awful lot more complicated than just having a function call that copies the global variables you want to keep to local variables, does a "reset all", then copies the local variables back to globals. That is pretty straightforward if you only want to preserve a small number of global variables, which I assume is the case?

KTML5 wrote:https://www.scirra.com/manual/149/function

It seems as if you don't understand what Functions are, I would look into it, especially if you plan to start programming one day. Basically, EVERY action and condition in Construct 2 is a "function", although the Functions in C2 are just a tad different, they're functionally identical.

Past learning how to use Functions, do what Ashley said.

Oh, I haven't been using functions yet... I'll have to play with them a bit as they seem quite useful.
Thanks for the replies!
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:49 am

@chadorireborn, This really is quite simple to work around. A day's worth of work to implement something isn't really that important as a basic engine feature.

Though, making an expandable UI, that'd be an interesting way to go about that kind of issue. I doubt we will be seeing that with C3, but clearly there are a LOT of things that can be changed about C2 that probably will be. I'm sure it will be quite different.

@TRMG, That's alright. :) Construct 2 was made for that kind of purpose. What you're asking for is pretty commonly done easily in programming (well, not usually done, but easily done), it's just a matter of knowing how. Programming knowledge DOES go a long way with Construct 2, so I'd recommend you look into programming after you've finished your game or something. It really helps.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General