Enemy Respawn

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 1:42 pm

Hello to all. This is my first "How do I" post.

I have to say that I rad the forum almost everyday and it helps me a lot building my game, but in this specific thing I've read all the "howtos" of picking instances and all that but I'm stuck.

I'll explain the problem:

I have x instances of a sprite "1" distributed over the layout that spawn another sprite "2" on start. My problem is that I cannot figure out how to tell a specific "1" to respawn "2" 10 seconds after HIS specific instance of "2" is destroyed.

I suppose that it's possible to use picking to logically "link" each instance of "1" to his "2", but i don't know how.

The effect has to look similar to what is seen on "Wonderboy in monster land". You kill an enemy and, x seconds after it's destroyed, it "revives". And this repeats for three or four times, and then it won't reappear until you reenter the scenario.

Thanks in advance
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 1:57 pm

New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 2:40 pm

OMG!!! It's Possible! Seriously, I had no doubt about it, but I never thought it was SO easy.

MANY thanks for your quick response Kyatric. I will implement this now. But I have a doubt: "System: wait" doesn't also stop player's movement?Shyrion2012-05-31 14:41:55
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:52 am

Sometimes I can't believe I've built so much game. OBVIOUSLY "System:wait" IS perfect. And now I think I understand picking. Thanks again.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?